VIVE Focus 3 Software 5.0.999.646 – Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE Focus 3 Software (FOTA 5.3) 5.0.999.646 – Release Notes
Released November 3rd, 2022

What’s new

• Now features eye expressions.
    (Requires VIVE Focus 3 Eye Tracker to be installed).
  • Now supports Wi-Fi 6E in Denmark, Ireland, New Zealand, Poland, Spain, and Sweden.
  • Now allows you to set four- to eight-digit device passcodes.

Enhancements and fixes

• Improved VIVE Focus 3 Eye Tracker’s tracking performance.
  • The headset will now save the date and time when it is powered off.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Miracast to fail when used with the Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter (US model).
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the headset from charging the controllers via the right-hand USB port while in sleep mode.

Software customization service

The new LBE feature - Marker-Based Scene Alignment, aligns virtual scenes with real environments, allowing LBE developers to create more immersive experiences.

This feature embeds marker information in the LBE map. Developers can configure a marker with the LBE map’s tracking coordinates and place it in the play area to align the physical environment with a virtual scene. With Marker-Based Scene Alignment, developers can easily incorporate physical objects and obstacles such as walls and pillars into virtual scenes.
Also available via VIVE Business Streaming. (Requires VIVE Manager 1.0.34 or later)

Other updates (for developers)

VIVE Wave SDK 5.0.3:

• Added eye expressions.
  • Added dynamic foveated rendering to eye tracking.

OpenXR SDK 1.0.3:

• Added the XR_HTC_facial_tracking extension.
  • Fixed an issue where cylinder and quad layer rendering wouldn’t appear correctly with mipmapped textures.
  • Fixed an issue where the quad layer size might not appear correctly if the size property setting was too small.

• 2 weeks later...

Following a reboot we're noticing thousands (maybe 6,000 lines) of quick-succession logs: 

10-25 06:07:06.781  1303  1336 I ActivityTaskManager: START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.HOME] flg=0x10000100 cmp=com.android.settings/.FallbackHome} from uid 0
10-25 06:07:06.782  1303  1336 D ActivityTaskManager: startHomeOnDisplay: home =ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.FallbackHome}

Both devices producing this fresh from a factory reset - this must be impacting start-up performance?

Edited by ManxJason

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having two weird issues with this version that I did not encounter before.

Boundary
The boundary now only lights up in relation to the controllers, but not when you get close with the headset. Even though auto-passthrough is activated, it doesn't work anymore when passing through the boundary.

VBS
I'm trying to configure VBS through VBC. It does not work over the air at all, I'm always getting a "failed" when I try to set the config. While I am getting "success" on USB connection, it does not actually write the config, as it still asks me inside the headset which server I want to connect to. And indeed, once I try to load the config through VBC again, it's empty and hasn't stored any of my device settings. The map sharing over the air works, though.

On 11/26/2022 at 7:33 PM, sebastian_holocafe said:

I'm having two weird issues with this version that I did not encounter before.

Boundary
The boundary now only lights up in relation to the controllers, but not when you get close with the headset. Even though auto-passthrough is activated, it doesn't work anymore when passing through the boundary.

VBS
I'm trying to configure VBS through VBC. It does not work over the air at all, I'm always getting a "failed" when I try to set the config. While I am getting "success" on USB connection, it does not actually write the config, as it still asks me inside the headset which server I want to connect to. And indeed, once I try to load the config through VBC again, it's empty and hasn't stored any of my device settings. The map sharing over the air works, though.

Update on this: The VBS problem was causes by a file corruption on one of the devices. Instead of

/sdcard/rrClient/json.config

The device had

/sdcard/rrClient

Where rrClient was not a folder, but a file. Manually replacing those files solved the problem.

The Boundary issue may not necessarily be related to the firmware version alone. Upon further investigation, I noticed that the golden headset works fine. But the devices to which the map was synched through VBC show the issue.