Vive Business Streaming 1.10.4 - Beta Release notes

C.T.

VIVE Business Streaming Software - 1.10.4– Beta Release notes

Released December 12th, 2022

Console - 1.10.4

• Introducing the New “Ultra” mode for Graphics settings.
    Now you will be able to enjoy higher visual experience with powerful computer.
  • Improved on hand tracking latency. (Focus 3 5.0.999.628 or newer is required.)
  • Fixed left/right eye gaze data is the same for SRanipal contents.
  • Fixed a bug that controller do not initialized correctly controller has chance to be incorrectly initialized at SteamVR.
  • Fixed a bug that may cause some users fail to open SteamVR Dashboard.
  • Fixed a bug which may cause log collection failure.
  • Added FAQ and Forum support link in Console > Settings > About.

Client - 1.0.14.0 (Please connect Focus 3 to PC via USB to update)

• Now display VIVE Business Streaming server name and IP when connected over Wi-Fi.

Nice update, thanks! Can you tell us a little more about how the Ultra mode works? I tried it on my 2080 Ti (I'm an optimist) and I felt like the clarity was improved but FPSVR still showed the same 2048 * 2048 resolution. I checked the QualityPreset.json file and it appears the Ultra setting uses a 3072 x 3072 resolution. Maybe the Ultra setting didn't take on my GPU and it fell back to Quality?

I can't edit my post for some reason, but I just tried again and the Ultra setting worked correctly (3072 x 3072). It looks much better and the difference is very clearly noticable. I wasn't expecting it to work as well as did did on my GPU, but surprisingly it does. Amazing update and I think it's the one many of us have been waiting for!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thedrone said:

Nice update, thanks! Can you tell us a little more about how the Ultra mode works? I tried it on my 2080 Ti (I'm an optimist) and I felt like the clarity was improved but FPSVR still showed the same 2048 * 2048 resolution. I checked the QualityPreset.json file and it appears the Ultra setting uses a 3072 x 3072 resolution. Maybe the Ultra setting didn't take on my GPU and it fell back to Quality?

I can't edit my post for some reason, but I just tried again and the Ultra setting worked correctly (3072 x 3072). It looks much better and the difference is very clearly noticable. I wasn't expecting it to work as well as did did on my GPU, but surprisingly it does. Amazing update and I think it's the one many of us have been waiting for!

Hope you don't mind I merged your posts.
Also wondering, how much did it consume on your GPU when you use the ultra mode? 

On 12/13/2022 at 1:28 AM, C.T. said:

Also wondering, how much did it consume on your GPU when you use the ultra mode? 

@C.T. Just for information, running in ultra mode used about 50 - 85% GPU processing on my Radeon RX 6800XT - even on the most graphically challenging tasks (played HL:Alex and other similar games). Difference in quality is definitely noticeable. Great improvement!

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 2:28 AM, C.T. said:

GPU usage varies, but I've seen the percentage go up into the 90's, depending on the game. I've also seen it struggle to hit 90 FPS in titles that aren't very demanding at all. For example, in The Lab's Longbow, I can't get more than 80/81 FPS, even though my frametimes are really low and GPU usage is at 65% (on quality it maintains a perfect 90 FPS with slightly lower frametimes). In addition I've also encountered more stuttering, frametime peaks and quality dropouts. I would imagine that the Ultra setting pushes the encoder in my GPU a little too hard and I'm better off using quality. However, I'm still very happy that the Ultra option exists for when I inevitably upgrade to a a better GPU! It was nice to get a little taste. 🙂

On 12/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, thedrone said:

GPU usage varies, but I've seen the percentage go up into the 90's, depending on the game. I've also seen it struggle to hit 90 FPS in titles that aren't very demanding at all. For example, in The Lab's Longbow, I can't get more than 80/81 FPS, even though my frametimes are really low and GPU usage is at 65% (on quality it maintains a perfect 90 FPS with slightly lower frametimes). In addition I've also encountered more stuttering, frametime peaks and quality dropouts. I would imagine that the Ultra setting pushes the encoder in my GPU a little too hard and I'm better off using quality. However, I'm still very happy that the Ultra option exists for when I inevitably upgrade to a a better GPU! It was nice to get a little taste. 🙂

I'd like to report similar performance in Pavlov and Beat Saber. 5800X3D, RTX 3080, Asus GT-AXE16000 in both 5GHz and 6GHz (I'll test my GT-AXE11000 later). It's still really cool that there appears to be a whole bunch of headroom headset side. If it really is a GPU encoder deficiency, I'm now curious if there will be a 2 slot RTX 4070 Ti FE with the same encoder as the 4080/4090. That, and if HTC's new "Flowcus" headset has the same or better headroom...

I'd like to suggest an 'Extreme Quality' setting, say 2.5k x 2.5k@90hz. How about introducing 120hz Balanced or 120hz Quality modes?

Edited by copelandmaster