VIVE Focus 3 Software 5.0.999.676 – Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE Focus 3 Software (FOTA 5.4) 5.0.999.676 – Release Notes
Released December 14, 2022

What’s new

• Now supports 802.11r for enterprise Wi-Fi networks.
  • Now allows quick and easy screen recording via the controller. Simply press the VIVE and Grip buttons at the same time.
  • Updates for VIVE Business Streaming app
    • Supports VIVE Focus 3 Eye Tracker and Facial Tracker.
    • Improved the connection notification UI behavior in VIVE Business Streaming’s app notifications.

Enhancements and fixes

• Fixed an Android issue where calling the mmap64 API would cause the code to abort to 32-bit, which may cause the microphone to malfunction.
  • Updated VIVE Focus 3’s controller firmware (2.0.0.61) to fix stability issues.
  • Improved eye tracking calibration time for VIVE Focus 3 Eye Tracker.
  • Improved lip expressions for VIVE Focus 3 Facial Tracker.

Software customization service

• Allows content rendering when the display is off. (This feature can be enabled via the configuration package.)
  • Supports switching between VO and LBE modes in LBE Hybrid mode via the API.

Other updates (for developers)

OpenXR support:

• Upgraded to OpenXR specification 1.0.26 to support the following extensions:
    • XR_HTC_passthrough
    • XR_HTC_foveation
  • Supports XrVisibilityMaskTypeKHR type extensions:
    • XR_VISIBILITY_MASK_TYPE_VISIBLE_TRIANGLE_MESH_KHR
    • XR_VISIBILITY_MASK_TYPE_LINE_LOOP_KHR for XR_KHR_visibility_mask
  • Fixed certain issues related to OpenXR’s Conformance Test Suite  (CTS 1 .0.26).
  • Fixed an issue where the application frame would become dark in certain conditions.
  • Added notification dialogs for “Application Not Responding” (ANR) errors.

• Updated VIVE Focus 3’s controller firmware (2.0.0.61) to fix stability issues.

Super excited to see this! It's been pretty painful for many of our customers with controler frequently unpairing. 

Does the firmware update automatically updates the controler or do you have to check Controler Firmware seperately? 

Has anyone else with the Focus 3 Eye tracker experience "Eye Tracker Error. Eye tracker did not work correctly. Please press power button to fix this error" after updating system software? Absolutely no hardware changes, eye tracker just refuses to work after the update. 

On 12/16/2022 at 2:08 AM, kusomaigo said:

Has anyone else with the Focus 3 Eye tracker experience "Eye Tracker Error. Eye tracker did not work correctly. Please press power button to fix this error" after updating system software? Absolutely no hardware changes, eye tracker just refuses to work after the update. 

Yes, latest beta headset firmware fixed the issue for me.  I was about to return it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 3:53 AM, sebastian_holocafe said:

This version activates passthrough when a controller loses tracking. That's pretty confusing to users, can this be deactivated anywhere?

I'd tried to hide my controllers but did not get the passthrough be activated, only when I close both my controllers the pairing tab would show with passthrough?

Just curious, in what case did you meet the passthrough?