Can Vive Pro 2 be used with laptop that doesn't have DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort?

thecube27

Went to setup new Vive Pro 2 headset today with my brand new Lenovo Legion laptop only to realize latest Lenovo laptops don't come with a Mini-DisplayPort anymore.  I should have paid closer attention when buying these items to ensure compatibility, just assumed they would be after previously having a Lenovo Legion laptop that worked great with my Vive Pro headset.  Is there an alternate cable that can be used, or am I screwed?  If alternate cable can be used, what type, and will I notice any degradation in headset experience?

I appreciate the response, since I'm not very knowledgeable about hardware, some follow-up questions.

I have the following USB-C ports...
USB-C Thunderbolt™ 4
USB-C 3.2 Gen 2
USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 (DisplayPort 1.4, power delivery)

I assume I would use the one with DisplayPort?

Would I then want a completely new cable or do I need to just buy a different adapter?

Cable:
USB C to Mini DisplayPort DP Cable,Knaive Type C Unidirectional to Mini DP 4K@60Hz

Adapter:
DisplayPort to USB C to DisplayPort Adapter 8K@30Hz/4K@144Hz, USB Type C to DP 1.4 Cable Adapter

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 1/1/2023 at 10:12 AM, C.T. said:

image.png.d891a834046f380e73f04b79bbb065bd.png

C.T. can you explain how this thing works have the same issue as the other guy Am a baby when it comes to this stuff please 

Edited by Pelle