LED wavelength interfering with tracking?

thedrone

I installed some new Hue lights in my room and now my Focus 3 won't track correctly when it's on. Is the tracking confused by certain wavelengths of light? The Hue lights allow for various shades and colors and it sort of works when I set it to the brightest white, but not reliably enough to be usable. During the day with enough outside light, tracking works as expected. It only started acting up when the ceiling lights were replaced. Is this a known issue?

I resolved my issue by installing some IR illuminators and turning off all other lights. Tracking accuracy and reliability have improved considerably and I can now play in pitch black darkness without any light bleed. 🙂

Ohh, ok, I actually bought one and wanted to try it but I'm gonna have to return it because the Focus 3's usb c port is oriented vertically and the lamp itself doesn't sit flush with the usb c port but actually has an offset where it fits onto the curve of a quest 2 but yeah, it's just not the right fit for a Focus 3 at all. 😞 oh well, I mean, if I really wanted to I could try using a short extension and double sided tape but it's better at that point to just get an external ir lamp.