VIVE Software 2.0.23.1 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE Software 2.0.23.1 – Beta Release Notes
Released February 2rd 2023

Vive Console

[ViveVR]

• Now supports AMD 7000-series GPU with VIVE PRO 2 Extreme mode.

[OpenXR]

• Now supports XR_HTC_hand_interaction extension.
  • Fixed a crash issue in MSFS2020 due to using unpublished header.

[SRAnipal: 1.3.6.11]

• Now supports continued data transfer after VBS server is disconnected and come back again.
  • Thanks 1

@C.T. Its now been almost 4 months since the RTX4xxx series was released with the 4090 (Oct 12th). If we are beeing honest here, should we expect this to ever be fixed, or should we return our Vive Pro2? The 4xxx series is the latest generation gpus from the biggest gpu company. This shouldnt be an issue. 

3 hours ago, MMt said:

4090 still have tracking lag and reprojections?

It is much much better with the beta, games are now playable, but if you prefer 120HZ I'd still stick with the November build.  You still get random stutters and reprojections, though not the constant stutters and reprojections of the current non-beta build.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kia75 said:

but if you prefer 120HZ I'd still stick with the November build.

3090 works much better on any build, so I stay in it and my 4090 stay in box about 4 month.

Say that I'm not happy - it's nothing to say. I hope only on Pimax Crystal, I don't believe that HTC want and can fix their software. It they wanted, they would have done it long time ago.

All right, so it seems that this beta version fixes all the problems which last beta updates were causing. No shaking, no glitching, no reprojecting.

Back to normal at last ! Windows 11, RTX 3080, Vive Pro 2 , setting: extreme 120Hz 

Thank you!

Of course I wanted to make it for 100% so :

1. Uninstall Steam VR and Vive console for steamVR from steam

2. Unplug linkbox cables from PC (HDMI and USB)

3. Windows restart.

4. Install  SteamVR and  Vive console for steam

5.  In vive console setting check the box to download beta versions - in this case this one ( 20.0.23.1)

Voila. 

So, 4090 tests here, with Vive Pro2 and Windows 11... (Sorry for my english, it hard to me)

Settings which 3090 takes easily. Extreme 120Hz (I play in competitive game and I don't want 90Hz), 3300x3300 per eye. Frametime always about 5-6ms - there is a margin of performance.

4090:

2.1.22.4 - tracking lag, lot of orange cadres on steamvr performance graph, lot of stutters in games.

2.1.23.1 - 

Clean install SteamVR, Vive Console, last nvidia drivers (thru DDU).

First start - no tracking lag, no orange cadres, but tearing (not so big as on .6, but still). In game no orange cadres at all, but I see how vive reprojections works - visible  plumes of cadres and so on (it's not on 3090). So I set "FPS Preference" to "disable", reboot Vive console... and receive tracking lag, stutters and A LOT of screen tearing. I set it in Auto back.... and tracking lag not disappeared. Rebooted PC a lot of times, but tracking lag is here. And screen tearing so, as if I returned on previos version... I don't know what going on and how it's possible - it works after first boot and don't work after next, but fact.

Room calibration I did one time and it not appears again. But I have A LOT of blue screen/hard reboot (black screen and restart PC, like I press hard reboot button) - at the moment when I close Vive Console, at the moment when I close game and so on... I don't sure that it connected to Vive console, but I install 2.1.22.4 again and no blue screen/reboot now... 

So, how 23.1 works with 4090  gives hope, but still it now now playable at all - very unstable and bugs appears and dissapears chaotic, and most of times it just don't work.

I switch console to 22.4 and 4090 to 3090 again, which works just perfect. Sad.

Edited by MMt
  • Sad 1

Two  things I am sure. One - there should be just one software from one developer - VIVE.  SteamVR from steam ok - because it's for few HMD's , but Vive Console should be only from Vive. Now we have Vive console on steam and second one installed from website installer. It is very confusing for many users

Second - if it is possible to work only with SteamVR from steam and Vive console from steam - there should be a guide on Vive website , I mean  any info about alternative (to vivesetup file) way  to setup VIVE PRO 2