Scene Understanding Tutorial and Sample not working?

maxxsby

30 minutes ago, KyleC said:

@maxxsby Glad to hear good news from you.

To show the mesh, please connect a controller and press "grip" key.

As to the passthrough, currently we only support to show it on our Cosmos HMD.

For VIVE Pro series HMD which use SteamVR runtime, you might ask Valve that how to enable/open passthrough in OpenXR.

As I know, Unity does not open environment blend mode API in OpenXR (which is used for AR mode) for developers, so it is hard for you to enable passthrough through OpenXR interface for now.

@Kyle C Ok, one more question. How do you enable the hand tracking mode for Vive Pro? I know that for Focus 3 you needed to allow it on the networking settings.

Edited by maxxsby

@maxxsby We do have our hand tracking engine in VIVE OpenXR API layers (a library to be accompanied with any OpenXR runtime) and retrieve camera image from SteamVR to provide the hand tracking data.

Besides, SteamVR OpenXR runtime also has its own hand tracking engine; however, it turns out to simulate hand tracking from the motion of controller instead of a natual hand tracking.

On 2/24/2023 at 4:12 PM, KyleC said:

@maxxsby Glad to hear good news from you.

To show the mesh, please connect a controller and press "grip" key.

As to the passthrough, currently we only support to show it on our Cosmos HMD.

For VIVE Pro series HMD which use SteamVR runtime, you might ask Valve that how to enable/open passthrough in OpenXR.

As I know, Unity does not open environment blend mode API in OpenXR (which is used for AR mode) for developers, so it is hard for you to enable passthrough through OpenXR interface for now.

Is there any way to get only the camera? I wanted to use OpenXR and wanted to get the camera function similar to SRWorks