Small Room - games out of play area

Wirefox

The room I am in is a rectangle about 8 feet by 5.5 feet. 

I can get Vive going, but many games are rendering outside of the chaperone and unplayable. 

What can I do to get the games to scale within the chaperone area?

Are you saying the room itself is 5.5 x 8' and therefore the play area would be even smaller? That short side might be a problem. I seem to remember something about the minimum play area being 2x2m, or 2.1, something like that.

You are running Room Setup, right? You know to do that anytime you move base stations around?

Thanks for the reply M2. 

the room fits the technical minmum spec size, but I think game devs are just building to what fits for them.  not hardware minimum specs.

I am running room setup, but still many games render outside of the play area beyond the chaperone edge. 

I used the Open VR .exe advance settings tweak to adjust the play area which helped but every game is differnt so it takes time to shift the play area forward, back left or right etc.. and it doesn't save the changes long term

https://github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings

most all of them.  The wire, labs, even the nvdia playhouse. all are rendering outside the chaperone area or parts of them.  I'll try the reset play area, but feel like I've done this before.  thanks for the reply

The room is rectangle.. about 8.5 feet by 5.5 feet.  I've traced and I've tried the corner advanced method too. the hardware will fit the room.. .but software seems to not. 

So are you saying the games should auto resize to the playspace dimensions?  doesn't seem to be happening for me. I'll try to reset tonight. 

It's a dumb question but feel like it's important to ask: are you using the teleport mechanisms in the titles you listed? Most of the experiences released are designed to accommodate the size of playspace you listed and utilize virtual teleportation to extend the virtual play space. 

Archived