VIVE Software 2.0.24.1 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

4 hours ago, Jaw_B said:

Also tried. Running a 4090 with latest nvidia drivers 531.29. SteamVR latest beta. HAGS off (and RGB turned off). Using fpsVR for monitoring. SteamVR resolution at ~2800x2800 per eye. At 120hz Im getting much less screentearing than before, but it is still there. Usually in the upper half of the screen. But now I can play for minutes without seeing it, so its an improvement at least! (but not quite there yet). 

Also, when runnig beatsaber (which for some reason always defaults to the SteamVR minimum resolution. ~1200x1200 per eye) it works fine at that resolution, but very blurry. When increasing the resolution in SteamVR to ~2800x2800 for beatsaber I get 100% gpu usage and massive reprojection. A little strange for a game that (shouldnt be) demanding at all. (but that could be from other reasons than this vive console update).

Are you getting the same tearing at 90HZ?  Are you sure you don't have something running in the background that uses the GPU?  I used to mine (yes, I know, I'm an evil person), and what you're describing sounds alot like what would happen to me when I forgot to turn off mining when I wanted to VR.  At the very least check Taskmgr and see if anything is using the gpu.   

IME, while I experienced a lot of reprojections, I didn't have any performance issues.  The games ran fine, but there was just a lot of screen tearing and reprojections, but the games ran fine.  When I would forget to turn off mining, I would have much smaller resolution (Vive pro 2 with a 4090 gives me ~4200x4200 so SteamVR giving you 2800 seems suspect) and games would randomly run at low resolutions, and things would be blurry no matter how much I raised the resolution.  Just turning off whatever was using my GPU (in my case mining), and restarting SteamVR would fix my issues.  

12 hours ago, kia75 said:

Are you getting the same tearing at 90HZ?  Are you sure you don't have something running in the background that uses the GPU?  I used to mine (yes, I know, I'm an evil person), and what you're describing sounds alot like what would happen to me when I forgot to turn off mining when I wanted to VR.  At the very least check Taskmgr and see if anything is using the gpu.   

IME, while I experienced a lot of reprojections, I didn't have any performance issues.  The games ran fine, but there was just a lot of screen tearing and reprojections, but the games ran fine.  When I would forget to turn off mining, I would have much smaller resolution (Vive pro 2 with a 4090 gives me ~4200x4200 so SteamVR giving you 2800 seems suspect) and games would randomly run at low resolutions, and things would be blurry no matter how much I raised the resolution.  Just turning off whatever was using my GPU (in my case mining), and restarting SteamVR would fix my issues.  

No tearing at 90hz. Its only in 120hz. Its an "artifact" that was introduced on the beta of vive console in november. It looks a bit like a fat horizontal line that moves up and down in the top half of your view. And it comes and goes. But in this beta its better than before. So its not something that has to do with high gpu-load, and that type of tearing. (You can read about it in the longer thread about the 4090 issues) And Im setting the resolution manually in SteamVR to around 3000x3000. (a little higher for 90hz, and a little lower for 120hz). More than that is very heavy on the GPU, and I want to avoid reprojection due to the GPU not beeing strong enough. (4200x4200 pixels is an insane amount of pixels to push. Thats more than 2 times 4k resolution PER EYE. and 120hz at that)

I just bought a 4090 after the 2.0.32.2 announcement, and I have tearing with DCS, 120Hz, SS 100% 2448x2448(per eye) 😪

but it's not completely horrible, I guess it was worse before, but there's still work to do 🤨

last Nvidia Driver 531.29 , and steamVR beta 1.25.5 VP EXTREME (4896x2448,120Hz)

it's not terrible, it's allmost playable i, but very strange, it happens even in the menu of the game, not every time in game, i had same issue with my 3080ti with last version of Vive Console, only the 2.0.22.6a was ok with the 3080ti.

i never use 90hz but i will try, and i will try without fpsvr too... comeback in few minutes ^^

Edited by BVV.Fr

i think it is a reprojection issue, no? 

with MSFS2020, when i use the reprojection include in the game, it's a lot better.

2 hours ago, krojew said:

Unfortunately, I still experience tearing in 120Hz mode with 4090.

me too... 🤷‍♂️

Can someone else try beatsaber in 120hz and see if you get massive reprojection when running at your standard resolution (3000x3000 or so). And also, does it default to steamVR lowest resolution(1200x1200 or so) when you start it? Very strange.