VIVE Software 2.0.24.1 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

@Bluemonkey yeah I'm getting the same problem now also. After a reinstall of console, it ran really well. But the next day the problem came back. Image stutter when moving my head. If I don't move my head, the image is smooth.

I've tried a million things. HAGS/rebar on/off, all 90/120hz modes, nvidia control panel options, different res in steamvr, openXRtoolkit on/off, reprojection on/off, all misc apps on/off, etc, all settings I can think of. Nothing makes any difference.

Happens in game and out of it, so it's not performance related. FPS is great, but tracking stutters.

I am also weird seeing screen tearing left eye only in Vive Pro 2 w/3080. This only just started happening recently and it's really bad. My headset feels unusable.

Also frame rates seem terribly unstable and buggy. Sometimes switching in an out of VR mode in MSFS throws the Vive into < 10fps. Where flat screen runs fine. Is there some sort of memory or process leak going on?

I don´t know if it will fix problems with rtx 30xx users, BUT... after Nvidia Driver 512.95, the performance isn´t so good anymore. I have an rtx 3080 and I´am still using 512.95 Nvidia Driver which gives me the better performance possible, but sometimes i have problems with SkyrimVR (I don´t know if it is a problem with the Bethesda game or with nvidia driver<>vive console). In HL:Alyx, this driver gives me better performance too, as well as with Agony VR. 512.95-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe. Give it a try. Here you will find it: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us (with the latest nvidia drivers, the performance is subpar).

I'm getting the same problem as bluemonkey now also. After a reinstall of console, it ran really well. But the next day the problem came back. Image stutter when moving my head. If I don't move my head, the image is smooth.

I've tried a million things. HAGS/rebar on/off, all 90/120hz modes, nvidia control panel options, different res in steamvr, openXRtoolkit on/off, reprojection on/off, all misc apps on/off, etc, all settings I can think of. Nothing makes any difference.

Happens in game and out of it, so it's not performance related. FPS is great, but tracking stutters.

• 2 weeks later...

14 hours ago, fuzecate said:

I've tried a million things. HAGS/rebar on/off, all 90/120hz modes, nvidia control panel options, different res in steamvr, openXRtoolkit on/off, reprojection on/off, all misc apps on/off, etc, all settings I can think of. Nothing makes any difference. teatv apk

download apk

Did you mean this for the NV control panel option? Pre Rendered Frames settings?

• 1 month later...

Did the update to 2.0.24.5 last night, and it has helped slightly. There is still the same stutter at random times, but it isn't quite as jarring.

Still not right, but an improvement.

Btw, it took 2 weeks for my last post to go live. WTF. These forums are messed up! Let's see how long for this one to go live. Posted 15 June 23!