VIVE Software 2.0.24.1 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

erratum: it's not a reprojection issue, it happens in real 120hz too.

4 minutes ago, Jaw_B said:

Can someone else try beatsaber in 120hz and see if you get massive reprojection when running at your standard resolution (3000x3000 or so). And also, does it default to steamVR lowest resolution(1200x1200 or so) when you start it? Very strange.

standard resolution is 2448x2448 for info.

i will test beat saber later, i will tell you 👍

1 hour ago, BVV.Fr said:

erratum: it's not a reprojection issue, it happens in real 120hz too.

standard resolution is 2448x2448 for info.

i will test beat saber later, i will tell you 👍

2448x2448 is the panel resolution. Usually(?) you need to supersample a bit to compensate for the lens barrel distortion. Not sure how much is recommended though 🙂 But +25% probably isnt bad.

So I reported before that everything was cleared with this beta, while playing After the Fall, I randomly got the reprojection back in a game for ~5 seconds, before returning to normal.  It's still much better than before, I have had no issues for hours during VR.  I can't think of anything that happened which might have caused the 5 seconds of reprojections, and everything is working again now.  

7 hours ago, Jaw_B said:

Can someone else try beatsaber in 120hz and see if you get massive reprojection when running at your standard resolution (3000x3000 or so). And also, does it default to steamVR lowest resolution(1200x1200 or so) when you start it? Very strange.

I have an RTX 4090, Vive Pro 2, and my resolution is at 4204 x 4204.  120HZ works fine for me with the latest beta.  

• Like 1

It works great with HTC Vive Pro 2. I upgraded from RTX 2080 Ti to RTX 4080 and I had tearing at the top of the screen, only with 120Hz, 90Hz was OK but i want 120 Hz with this GPU. This beta saved me at the right time.

(Btw I still have a bug with Nvidia drivers or Steam? When turning off the SteamVR application, it freezes the whole PC for a long time. It did it with RTX 2080 Ti and RTX 4080. But with RTX 3070 I tried (with 2 PC) it didn't do it even once, interesting, is this problem with RTX 2000 and 4000 series?

Edited by johny66cz

23 hours ago, BVV.Fr said:

MY MISTAKE!! 

120hz is perfect with 2.0.24.1(BETA) with PNY 4090, i uninstalled the last beta of vive console 🤦‍♂️

Just so I understand. What did you uninstall, and what is your complete setup now? (vive console vetr, steamVR ver, nvidia drivers ver)

3 hours ago, johny66cz said:

It works great with HTC Vive Pro 2. I upgraded from RTX 2080 Ti to RTX 4080 and I had tearing at the top of the screen, only with 120Hz, 90Hz was OK but i want 120 Hz with this GPU. This beta saved me at the right time.

(Btw I still have a bug with Nvidia drivers or Steam? When turning off the SteamVR application, it freezes the whole PC for a long time. It did it with RTX 2080 Ti and RTX 4080. But with RTX 3070 I tried (with 2 PC) it didn't do it even once, interesting, is this problem with RTX 2000 and 4000 series?

try turn off by vive console first, not steamvr. see if it helps

13 hours ago, Jaw_B said:

Just so I understand. What did you uninstall, and what is your complete setup now? (vive console vetr, steamVR ver, nvidia drivers ver)

Sorry for my bad enblish.... nothing unsinstalled.

I juste made a mistake, i did not install the last beta.... my bad.

So everything is perfect in 120hz with lasts vc standalone beta, steamvr beta et nvidia driver

10 hours ago, C.T. said:

try turn off by vive console first, not steamvr. see if it helps

I d love to have the possibility to switch frequencies 90<>120 on the fly quickly with steamvr at the ideal.

For the moment, i use vive console, not easy in the headset and sometimes it freeze for 3 or 5 minutes to changes the frequencies, not big issue but not very pratical