Streaming Hub - massive frame loss (Wi-Fi)

Beta_Tester

Hello,

Trying to use Vive Streaming Hub over Wi-Fi with my new XR Elite and I'm experiencing massive frameloss. If I set the configuration to dynamic bitrate it ends up dropping to 20 Mbps and still looses frames. I've upgraded the Vive Streaming app on the headset to the latest version via USB.

This was not an issue with my Focus 3 on exactly the same setup (PC & router). When using the Focus 3 the experience was rock solid (even at 200 Mbps fixed bitrate).

Wi-Fi signal is excellent and there is no other heavy use going on. PC is connected via a 1Gbps network card to the router.

Hope @C.T. or someone can help. Thanks.

Same problem here.

I am able to stream via Vive Streaming Hub and play steam VR games, but the connection is quite unstable for both Wifi and even USB connections.
My system:
CPU i7-11700
RAM 32G
GPU: RTX 3080Ti
Wi-Fi 6 router

There's constant connection lost with the warning "601錯誤:幀丟失",no matter if I connect through Wifi or USB, making it almost unplayable.

Please help,
thanks.

@Jim hua

What is the model of your router? Have you wired from router to PC, and have light of sight from Router to Headset? Here are some tips for improving the performance. 
Noted that the inbox USB cables aren't meant for streaming, you may want to check out our 5m streaming cable or a decent USB 3.0 A-C or C-C cable for USB streaming. 

@C.T.D-link R32 AX3200, wired router to PC, good line of sight. But even with USB connection, there's the same problem just less severe.
@Beta_TesterDo  you experience frame loss with USB connection?

By the way, when the connection was lost due to frame loss, there's noticeable coil whine... 

Edited by Jim hua

14 hours ago, Jim hua said:

@C.T.D-link R32 AX3200, wired router to PC, good line of sight. But even with USB connection, there's the same problem just less severe.
@Beta_TesterDo  you experience frame loss with USB connection?

By the way, when the connection was lost due to frame loss, there's noticeable coil whine... 

No, it's perfect over USB. Deduced that it appears to be signal-related. When I turn away from the router, the drop outs start happening. Its like my head is blocking enough of the signal to cause dropouts.

Does it not have a very good antenna?

Ok, I've confirmed that my frame drop over USB was due to under-speced USB cable. (Apparently it requires USB 3.2 Gen 2, 10Gbps cables). Now the games play perfect over USB with my system.

But I am still not having any luck with Wi-fi streaming. Even when I reduce the bitrate and quality, there're constant connection interruptions due to frame loss. 

Any news on Wifi streaming front?