How to change passthrough underlay opacity?

tamasa

Hi!

Out Unity app has a feature where it fades in/out the passthrough in the background (under the in-scene objects). This works on other platforms (quest for example), but we can't change the passthrough underlay opacity on HTC Vive devices.

I can see that the sdk has a method for setting passthrough overlay opacity, but not for underlay. Is there any way to do it? 

1 hour ago, tamasa said:

Hi!

Out Unity app has a feature where it fades in/out the passthrough in the background (under the in-scene objects). This works on other platforms (quest for example), but we can't change the passthrough underlay opacity on HTC Vive devices.

I can see that the sdk has a method for setting passthrough overlay opacity, but not for underlay. Is there any way to do it? 

Hi there, Wave SDK engineer here.

As you mentioned, the API current provided by the SDK can only be used to adjust the opacity of passthrough overlays but not underlays, so allow me present you an alternative solution.

Provided that you have already succeeded in showing passthrough underlay in your scene in Unity, you should have either a skybox material or the main camera background color in the scene configured in a way, such that it clears the background of the scene to transparent black (i.e. RGBA = 0,0,0,0).

You should be able to achieve the same effect by adjusting the alpha value of the material or the main camera background color.

Hope this helps 🙂 

Edited by Aidan Leung
  • Thanks 1