DisplayPort to Mini Cable

I know that HTC sells one. However, I'm on Amazon at the moment purchasing tripods for the base stations. Will any cable (this one for example: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7RJQPY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1AMUYYA3CT6HJ) do? The only reason I'm asking is to consolidate the purchase and use the Prime shipping methods.

wrote:

It will work fine.  You sometimes see things like DP cables advertising 1.1, 1.2 1.4 etc in reality they are all the same cable.

Not true. I was using a cable that caused some very weird problems like causing the SteamVR Room Setup to be very slow and unresponsive. I replaced the cable with this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013PWQPFS/ and everything worked fine.

(Unrelated to Vive) It's also important to get the correct Mini DP to DP cable/adapter for certain video cards when using more than two monitors.

The cable came in today and I'm getting "Headset not connected properly (208)". I've gone over and over the troubleshooting, unplugged, replugged, rebooted... and it simply isn't recognized. I see them on the device manager like the 7-HTC Vive Microphone, speakers (8-HTC Vive), and under Imaging Devices I see HTC Vive.

This computer is less than a week old. It's an i7 Intel with a GTX 1060 and 32GB of memory and around 1TB of disk space. I may end up calling tomorrow and have them walk me through this because I at least got a green light when I plugged it straight into the graphics box although I couldn't see anything and couldn't use my monitor.

I've heard a lot of great things about the Vive and I really don't want to send it back and try an Oculus. I did my research for days before choosing this.

I wanted to show my granddaughters Duo Diner and let them play. It's perfect for their ages. :)

Anyway, anything that anyone can think of please let me know. I'm a retired Senior Software Engineer so you can get technical if you want.

Thanks everyone,

Man Of Steel Man

I figured it out not long after I wrote my last message. Actually, I am not completely sure but I did a bunch of things including updating some firmware through the cable and then it allowed me to use the Bluetooth wireless. I also unplugged and replugged things and just a lot of stuff and somehow, it started working.

I hesitated saying anything immediately because I wanted to be sure it would work time and again. After three days it's still working so I guess it's solved.

Archived