Headset will not boot - stuck on triangle animation, loading? will not connect to viveport app

evanscreative

I got my Vive Elite Xr today. My excitement turned to terror after I attempted to turn on the headset after charging it. I was able to go through the whole initial setup and connected fine. Connected through Viveport App on iPhone. Everything was hunky dory until I connected it to my laptop and attempted the streaming app and Steam VR. When the headset is connected to PC laptop I get a lock on the headset. When I disconnect and attempt to boot up without the cable connection I get an endless loading triangle. I have hard booted several times to no avail. Is there a way to reboot or reset to factory settings when you can't even get to the home screen?

HELP!!!!!

I had this same problem for a while last night. The solution for me was to kill the vive streaming app and steamvr on my computer. As soon as I killed those, I was back in the lobby on my headset...Getting back into steamvr took several cycles of unplugging my headset and starting/killing those apps on my computer.

Pretty silly, but I'll take it over a brick.

On 3/29/2023 at 11:37 AM, evanscreative said:

I got my Vive Elite Xr today. My excitement turned to terror after I attempted to turn on the headset after charging it. I was able to go through the whole initial setup and connected fine. Connected through Viveport App on iPhone. Everything was hunky dory until I connected it to my laptop and attempted the streaming app and Steam VR. When the headset is connected to PC laptop I get a lock on the headset. When I disconnect and attempt to boot up without the cable connection I get an endless loading triangle. I have hard booted several times to no avail. Is there a way to reboot or reset to factory settings when you can't even get to the home screen?

HELP!!!!!

you can hold the volume down while boot up, there's a factory reset option in the 2D menu.

My device went into a boot issue like this as well. I think it had something to do with how dark it was in my room. As soon as I turned on the lights it loaded right up. Others have said the same thing on reddit. VIVE team should place a clear message on the screen that tells the user to turn on the lights if that is the issue. (or just allow the device to boot normally with a warning message about potential issues).  I bet a lot of people are returning this item and/or giving negative reviews because they think their device is broken. That's what I thought. It gives a really bad first impression. Communication is key.

1 hour ago, Spencerr said:

My device went into a boot issue like this as well. I think it had something to do with how dark it was in my room. As soon as I turned on the lights it loaded right up. Others have said the same thing on reddit. VIVE team should place a clear message on the screen that tells the user to turn on the lights if that is the issue. (or just allow the device to boot normally with a warning message about potential issues).  I bet a lot of people are returning this item and/or giving negative reviews because they think their device is broken. That's what I thought. It gives a really bad first impression. Communication is key.

Totally agree - I had the same problem and struggled with this for 30 minutes and then read your post about it being too dark in the room.  As soon as I turned the lights on everything worked.  I was about to give up on the software.  Please inform people or add a message about the dark environment not just a spinning logo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 12:32 AM, C.T. said:

you can hold the volume down while boot up, there's a factory reset option in the 2D menu.

Factory reset didn't solve it.

sbl1-ERROR
tz-ERROR
Fingerprint: N/A
TP: ERROR
CIR: NONE
SHUB: ERROR
LCD: ERROR
... snip ...
RPM: N/A
DDR: 00000000, 12GB
cx voltage: Error
mx voltage: Error
No CPU param
RFG_3: N/A
CRADIO: N/A

I haven't used it for 2 hours yet, what kind of support can I get?