HOW TO Installing 3rd party APK on Flow NOW

kim00344

• 9 months later...

But in case of VIVE Flow, apps installed from unknown sources are not displayed.

(The only options available are “Installed” and “Not Installed.”)

Please tell me how to access apps installed from unknown sources.

As you said, we can install with adb, but even if use adb, on Vive flow does not displayed.

So, after installing apk, I can't run the app installed with adb install, so I'd like to know how to run it.

Thanks.

Edited by 위대한코끼리

On 4/7/2023 at 2:10 AM, Alex_HTC said:

You can install 3rd party apps like developers using adb 

https://www.makeuseof.com/install-apps-via-adb-android/

Developers do this all the time 🙂

But in case of VIVE Flow, apps installed from unknown sources are not displayed.

So, after installing apk, I can't run the app installed with adb install, so Please tell me how to run it on VIVE Flow.

Thanks.

On 1/9/2024 at 8:13 PM, 위대한코끼리 said:

So, after installing apk, I can't run the app installed with adb install, so Please tell me how to run it on VIVE Flow.

Thanks.

@위대한코끼리
Go to library, click the upper right button, and you should see options, including 'unknown sources'.

https://www.vive.com/us/support/vive-xr/category_howto/accessing-apps-in-library.html

Thanks for asking!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 9:21 AM, Alex_HTC said:

@위대한코끼리
Go to library, click the upper right button, and you should see options, including 'unknown sources'.

https://www.vive.com/us/support/vive-xr/category_howto/accessing-apps-in-library.html

Thanks for asking!

Sorry. normally, 'unknown sources' is displayed, but VIVE Flow is not displayed 'unknown sources'. just 'Installed' and 'Not installed' despite changing the mode  to expert mode. I hope you see the menu. it is different from any other VIVE VR.

Thanks

Dear Alex_HTC

Thank you for your answer Posted on January 21.

As my experience, watching youtube using VIVE Flow is very hard work. so, I tryed install android apps.

It takes a long time to find screen capture on VIVE FLOW by myself.

Finally, I attached screen shot of VIVE FLOW.

There are just 2 option as like "Installed" and "Not Installed" on VIVE FLOW screen.

I downloaded apk file from https://en.uptodown.com/developer/google-llc, one by one.

image.thumb.png.06d38bed6f69cd9583a058983e3f0241.png

1. By ADB Command.

I had try 3rd party apk files using by VIVEFLOW_Windows adb command

as like "adb install -r youtube-vr-1-28-63.apk" step by step.

image.png.ca70dcf2ee3eb3201094891201ff10ad.png

but there's no app on "Not installed" option.

KakaoTalk_20240211_210907911.png.ceeefc772eb298068c490f7b16d723bc.pngKakaoTalk_20240211_211019470.png.030f5fa429d9d24dd41572288dfdbdd8.png

2. Using Download files on VR.

a. copy all files to Download of VIVE FLOW, and then on Flow, I had try install one by one.

But, Same as there's no app on "Not installed" option.  

screencapture 2024-02-11 211359.png

• 3 weeks later...

You can install apps with both Sidequest or ADB. However, for launching the app you need to perform for exemple : 

adb shell monkey -p com.google.android.apps.youtube.vr -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER 1

It launches but it don't work properly. I'm sure there are a workaround to get the app working but you need some Android programming and VR knowlegdes (which i don't have)