VIVE Software 2.0.24.2 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE Software 2.0.24.2 – Beta Release Notes
Released April 18th 2023

Vive Console

[Vive OpenXR] 0.1.9.8

• Support XR_EXT_palm_pose for Vive Cosmos controller.
  • Modify implementation of xrEnumerateInstanceExtensionProperties() based on the spec to avoid OpenXR content crash issues.
  • Refined the cleanup process to prevent play failed for the 2nd time in Editor mode of Unreal.

[Vive OpenXR Hand Tracking] 1.0.0.10

• Support XR_EXT_palm_pose.
  • Address an issue that when only XR_HTC_hand_interaction is requested without XR_EXT_hand_tracking, the tracking engine would not work.
  • Resolved a dll unsigned issue to cause Easy Anti-cheat to block content from launching.

[Vive OpenXR Facial Tracking] 0.1.6.8

• Report the system property according to the HW capability.

[Vive OpenXR SRWorks] 0.1.6.8

• Bug fixes.

New beta and not a single comment? 😕 Anyways, I tried it for a couple of days on my RTX4090. The screentearing is still an issue. Slightly worse than 2.0.24.1 I belive, but it could also just be random luck. However (BIG however) the reprojection issue is now back in 120hz. Tried Bigscreen and got a constant ~25% reprojection, but not a single framedrop. Switched to 90hz, and the framedrop is gone again. Just like pre 2.0.24.1. Could I PLEASE please have access to install 2.0.24.1 again @C.T. ?  That beta worked much much better on RTX4090.

6 hours ago, Jaw_B said:

New beta and not a single comment? 😕 Anyways, I tried it for a couple of days on my RTX4090. The screentearing is still an issue. Slightly worse than 2.0.24.1 I belive, but it could also just be random luck. However (BIG however) the reprojection issue is now back in 120hz. Tried Bigscreen and got a constant ~25% reprojection, but not a single framedrop. Switched to 90hz, and the framedrop is gone again. Just like pre 2.0.24.1. Could I PLEASE please have access to install 2.0.24.1 again @C.T. ?  That beta worked much much better on RTX4090.

we actually did zero changes other than the release notes above, I could get you the previous one, but I doublt it will make any difference. 

6 hours ago, C.T. said:

we actually did zero changes other than the release notes above, I could get you the previous one, but I doublt it will make any difference. 

Well, I would be more than happy to give it a try. Should be very quick to test. 

Thank you for letting me test. Unfortunately(?) you were right. The issue existed in 2.1.24.1 as well 😞 Guess I had not tested BigScreen in 120hz that much. When moving, especially your hands, you get reprojection 20%-ish giving "double vision" and slight stutter. However in 90hz there is no such issue. Oh well. At least I tried 🙂