Prevent the screen to be turned off / prevent the app to be suspended

Thomas B.

Hi,

I am developing an app for Focus 3 which is constantly communicating with a back end server.

When the headset is removed, the app is suspended and the communication is interrupted...

Is there a way to prevent the screen to be turned off (and the app to be suspended)?

Interesting fact: I have noticed that when the app is run (with no user wearing the headset), it is not paused. It is suspended, the next time the headset is removed...

For all intents and purposes, I am developing with Unity đŸ™‚.

Best,

Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

There is a hack where you can block the sensor, I used a bandaid, so it thinks you are still there but it is actually worse because as soon as I put the headset on my desk it loses tracking info and I have to recalibrate. Would be nice to have a developer setting. The better option is to develop on the desktop with a mock HMD and only use the real one for beta testing.

• 8 months later...

Hey,

I had the same issue but this has been fixed in the release 5.3.0 (https://hub.vive.com/storage/docs/en-us/ReleaseNote.html#release-5-3-0) of the Wave XR Plugin so if you still have issue with the main thread being stopped when the headset is removed, try to update to latest version of the Wave XR Plugin.

However, there is a small downside to note, since 5.3.0 CommonUsages.UserPresence is not supported anymore if you need to know when a player wear/remove the headset, which is really weird. You can use this asset https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/pa-proximity-25685#description as a workaround.

Have a great day.