Vive Streaming Hub 1.1.8 - Beta Release notes - with VIVE Streaming updates

C.T.

VIVE Streaming Hub - 1.1.8 - Beta release notes

Released March 29th, 2023

VIVE Streaming Hub - 1.1.8

• No changes on VIVE Streaming hub

VIVE Streaming - 1.11.3

• Enhanced Bitrate settings to prevent pixelated images.
  • Improved Dynamic Bitrate to prevent sudden bitrate drops.
  • Implemented server stability improvements to handle unexpected Windows file access exceptions.
  • Resolved the issue where Console Settings could not be opened due to a missing Windows Startup folder.
  • Fixed a potential issue that could cause incorrect Console setting values.
  • Fixed potential texture inconsistencies caused by incorrect headset projection when the headset was changed or after an update.
  • Resolved the problem where SteamVR Dashboard could not be opened on some PCs.
  • [OpenXR] Reduced size by removing unnecessary libraries.

VIVE Streaming app - 1.0.17.5 (Please connect your VIVE XR Elite via USB to update)

• Added support for left hand reverse pinch to open Steam Dashboard.
  • Resolved a potential issue that could introduce extra controller latency in USB streaming.
  • Improved prediction accuracy.
  • Improved VIVE Streaming app stability.

Hi, how can I open the Steam Dashboard? I tried to reverse pinch my left hand but nothing happened. This device's built-in tutorial does not explain this either. I think my device is up to date.

14 hours ago, Lukve said:

Hi, how can I open the Steam Dashboard? I tried to reverse pinch my left hand but nothing happened. This device's built-in tutorial does not explain this either. I think my device is up to date.

Please update your VIVE Streaming app through the VIVE Streaming Hub. You can follow the detailed steps using the link below.

https://www.vive.com/us/support/vs/category_howto/preparing-your-headset-for-streaming.html 

12 hours ago, C.T. said:

Please update your VIVE Streaming app through the VIVE Streaming Hub. You can follow the detailed steps using the link below.

https://www.vive.com/us/support/vs/category_howto/preparing-your-headset-for-streaming.html 

I think my device is up to date, both the Vive Streaming APP (1.0.17.5) and XR Elite Software (1.3.999.322). I'm just not sure if I did the correct gesture (reverse pinch?) 🙂

59 minutes ago, Lukve said:

I think my device is up to date, both the Vive Streaming APP (1.0.17.5) and XR Elite Software (1.3.999.322). I'm just not sure if I did the correct gesture (reverse pinch?) 🙂

The action to call out the Steam Dashboard with your left hand is the same as using your right hand with a reverse pinch gesture. Weird. Did you success on calling out VIVE menu with your right-hand reserve pinch? 

23 hours ago, C.T. said:

The action to call out the Steam Dashboard with your left hand is the same as using your right hand with a reverse pinch gesture. Weird. Did you success on calling out VIVE menu with your right-hand reserve pinch? 

Thanks for help, I can call out Steam Dashboard now. The Steam Dashboard icon didn't show up as soon as my left palm up (not pinch yet), like right hand, so it confused me a bit. I kept pinching my left hand for a while the icon with a circular progress bar shows up finally, and then I can successfully call out Steam Dashboard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lukve said:

Thanks for help, I can call out Steam Dashboard now. The Steam Dashboard icon didn't show up as soon as my left palm up (not pinch yet), like right hand, so it confused me a bit. I kept pinching my left hand for a while the icon with a circular progress bar shows up finally, and then I can successfully call out Steam Dashboard.

cool, thanks for reporting back. 

On 6/7/2023 at 4:21 AM, nika said:

I cannot connect to 5GHz wifi networks, the headset only detects 2.4GHz. what might be the cause?

Try changing your 5G wifi channels to see if it works