VIVE XR Elite Software 1.0.999.350 – Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE XR Elite Software (FOTA 4.0) 1.0.999.350
Released June 7, 2023

What’s new

• Parental controls – Use parental controls in the VIVE Manager app to choose what apps are allowed and when they can be used. You can turn parental controls on and off from the app or the headset. VIVE Manager 2.0.23 (Android) or 2.2.23 (iOS) or later is required.
  • Instant mode – Start tracking instantly without needing to set up a play area. Instant mode creates a small circular safety boundary around you wherever you put on the headset.

User experience improvements

• Better relocation – The tracking algorithm is better at recognizing saved room setups, which allows you to relocate the play area you’ve already set up instead of immediately prompting you to go through the full room setup process again.
  • Hand tracking 2.0 – Hand tracking performance has been improved in environments with reflections and various lighting conditions.
  • Tracking modes – You can now select from different tracking modes to suit your playing style. Three tracking modes are available: Default mode, Instant mode, and Passenger mode.
  • Library – Content filtering in the Library has been improved to make it easier for you to see what’s available through your HTC account.

Fixed issues

• Fixed a bug that was preventing users from reporting issues if their email address did not end with “.com”.
  • Improved handling of rejections to phone pairing or phone mirroring requests made from the headset.
  • Reduced QR code scanning time when using “Computer connection” to pair a PC with VIVE Streaming Hub.
  • Like 3

Great to see this update come in, still strongly recommend the option to turn around in the  home using the joysticks vs teleporting and using play space to orient to the menu. Personally I would love to see this menu driven without being static inside the world. Make the world engaging and usable much like Oculus and SteamVR do.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Konshu said:

Great to see this update come in, still strongly recommend the option to turn around in the  home using the joysticks vs teleporting and using play space to orient to the menu. Personally I would love to see this menu driven without being static inside the world. Make the world engaging and usable much like Oculus and SteamVR do.

Thanks, I’ll bring this to design team for discussion. 

Better relocation
Nice!

I have problem often when I went to grab a drink leaving my play zone. It'll often forget my play zone and I'll need to setup a new one.
Just test this, after leaving my play zone into a dark room and doing some intense movement and go back. my play zone is still there. Love it!

• Like 1

Great update. Special thanks for Instant Mode. Thanks ! I have two questions :

• When can we expect a support of NVIDIA CloudXR 3.2 ? (like Focus 3)
  • Is it possible to have a setup to disable sleep mode ? (like Focus 3)