Two isses: Stuck Trackpad and Broken Content Bundle Code

TimChaos

Hi, I have an issue with one of my controllers. The trackpad refuses to click on the top right portion. I saw a few guides on how to fix it online but apparently that requires voiding the warranty so I'd rather just send it in. How do I get the ball rolling on that?

Another more minor issue I have is the content bundle code that came with my Vive. I can't redeem it. When I try to enter it, the webpage just redirects me to the Vive homepage. Any help I can get there? 

Thanks!

1) You can either contact your support via chat on our website, or if you're in the US or Canada, you can PM me and I'll do it.

2) Try redeeming it as a guest first and then signing in. That usually does the trick. You may have better luck using an incognito page or wiping your browser cache as well.

Thank you!

-John C

I had that happen to me about a month and a half after getting my Vive, I decided to do the fix myself (since I didn't know how long I would be without a controller if I sent it in), it's actually a fairly easy fix, it's a itty bitty very thin little plastic disk that slips off center, all I did is use a minuscule amount of crazy glue, put the disk back dead center, let it dry for 15 minutes and put the thing back together. It's been working flawlessly since. I'm expecting the 2nd controller to do the same soon since at times it feels weird as if the touch pad button just doesn't feel right when pressing downward. When it craps out, I'll do the same to it as I did with the 1st controller. That little disk is a bad design and prone to failure, why isn't HTC using a better glue, or making it so the disk isn't needed?
I've heard so many people having problems with this and they all did the fix themselves.
Regards: Jack

Archived