Vive Desktop removes itself

SeVRynce

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Vive Software four times, and after every reboot of my computer the software removes itself or becomes an incompatible App.  Steam VR is running flawlessly with no issues.  I am using the latest download version from HTC (2.617.526.3). Once I reinstall everything, it runs fine, but as soon as I reboot, the software is gone.

Is anyone having this issue or can advise how to fix this?

Hey , can you just clarify what you mean by 'remove'? Does the desktop shortcut disappear? Does the shortcut remain, but when you try to launch, the program is gone?

It sounds like this might be an anti-virus issue, at first guess. Can you check your anti-virus programs? You may have to 'quarantine' Viveport - some AV programs can be quite aggressive and will delete EXEs without warning, if you have them set up that way. If that's the case, please let us know what AV you have installed. If it's not the case, come back to us and we'll work on it some more.

, remove as in uninstalls or deletes.  The shortcut is still there on desktop, but the program and the .exe file in Vive setup is gone.  I think you’re absolutely right about the antivirus.  I checked the logs and it has been removed each time.

I am using McAfee AntiVirus Plus.  The file removed was named Real Protect-EC!C5E41934E248, and mcafee quarantined the “vrclient_vivedashboard.txt” file.

Most Anti Virus software allow you to "exclude" a file or a folder from being messed with by the anti virus software. If you can "exclude" the folder in which Viveport installs, then you may get better results. Also if there's a way of turning off McAfee during Viveport's installation, chances are things will go smoother. :)

Regards: Jack

Archived