Hdmi connection not detected

pookoloco

I can give you all that sure but i´ve already sent away my headset, linkbox and cables to my retailer with a repair request. This was adviced to me be someone from htc support on chat. 
If you still need my information just let me know. Thanks

My apologies, I had thought based on my reading of your posts that you had canceled the repair request with your retailer. I suppose for now, we're going to have to wait until it gets back. Hopefully then the issue is resolved. If not, do let us know and we'll see what we can do to troubleshoot.

Thank you,

-John C

• 4 months later...

my Vive arrived yesterday. i set it up fine. but i did get a couple of strange things happen when i tried to load Project cars 2. the screen frooze with the mouse stuck in the top left corner. had to switch the computer off and when i turned it back on the headset would not work. i uninstalled all vive files and steam vr then went through the set up again. i get a usb connection but i get know HDMI connection. Have you found a solution yet? i'm really frustrated.

It sounds like the Project Cars application may have failed to initialize properly and in the process it may have messed with the display properties that Windows uses to dictate how the GPU communicates with the HMD. Which error message are you seeing? Typically when troubleshooting HMD video connectivity issues, I recommend bypassing the Linkbox and plugging the USB and HMDI from the Vive's 3-in-1 cable directly into the PC as a first step. Ensure that you are not using any sort of video adapter and that the HMD is directly plugged into the GPU. You'd need to share more info on your setup for us to dive deeper such as the specific error code and the GPU in question. You may also want to look up direct vs extended modes as that may be what's causing the issue. 

It sounds like the Project Cars application may have failed to initialize properly and in the process it may have messed with the display properties that Windows uses to dictate how the GPU communicates with the HMD. Which error message are you seeing? Typically when troubleshooting HMD video connectivity issues, I recommend bypassing the Linkbox and plugging the USB and HMDI from the Vive's 3-in-1 cable directly into the PC as a first step. Ensure that you are not using any sort of video adapter and that the HMD is directly plugged into the GPU. You'd need to share more info on your setup for us to dive deeper such as the specific error code and the GPU in question. You may also want to look up direct vs extended modes as that may be what's causing the issue. 

Archived