After Focus 3 Software upgrade, app icon/image is no longer displayed on VIVE popup menu

GoranW

10 hours ago, GoranW said:

However, it gets confusing once I try replacing the image. I tried replacing all the images for my app on the VIVE DMS Content page, and while the Main thumbnail was quickly refreshed in Library on the Focus 3 (without reinstall or anything like that), the VIVE System menu still seems to retain one of the older images? Is it only when replacing the APK that the system menu thumbnail gets updated, perhaps?

May I know is right(yellow) or left(red) not updated? Or both?

image.png.c1d503c7bc12b0f1aa57a285eafcc699.png

10 hours ago, GoranW said:

And in that case, is there any way to get a more hi-res image than the 316 x 178 size?

I am still checking, get back to you later.

Sorry, I was perhaps a bit unclear still... Also, how this works is kinda confusing, since it depends on connectivity and stuff. Let me elaborate...

Posted (edited)

Both the left yellow and right red items in System menu are now working, with images that I uploaded. It's just that when I had reuploaded a different image in DMS, it didn't appear in the System menu. Instead it was still showing my previous uploaded image, even though the Library showed the newly uploaded Main thumbnail image.

HOWEVER, after moving my headset to another office and wifi, it suddenly works (even without uploading a new APK). So there seems to be a refresh issue, perhaps solved by cycling wifi offline online.

NOTE: While I was offline from WiFi, even the Library image was reverted to a previous thumbnail image (not sure if that one came from inside the APK or from cached data).

So in the end, besides these refresh issues, my only remaining problem right now is that the resolution of the Main thumbnail image is too low (316 x 178) to look good in the System menu (yellow/full items) - especially for displaying text/logo etc.

(I tried uploading a higher-res image, but it appeared to be downscaled and look worse in the Library while still not looking good in System menu. Haven't double-checked that yet, though, due to the refresh issues.)

It would be good to get a clarification of (more in detail) which image will end up where, and under which circumstances, since there seems to be a heuristic/mixture of embedded, cached and directly downloaded images being used under different conditions of connectivity, app installation source etc, making it difficult to grasp from a developer standpoint.

Edited by GoranW

@VIVE_chengnay Sorry about the mutliple posts here, but there was some issue with the forum site not allowing me to post parts of my comment...

Anyway, it would be interesting to know what image size/resolution the "stock" apps (like Open Brush) are using for the System menu.