HTC doesn't want to fullfill warranty by EU LAW.

Shidapu

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a phone call earlier today, I was at work though, and im not allowed to answer calls when im on duty with my patients. 

I recieved an email from HTC support today, this is what i got:

I will update you when i get this resolved, I really appreciate all the help you've given me so far!! 

Dear Mr. Liisanantti, 

I tried to reach you over the phone, but I assume you were busy. 
However, I am contacting you, regarding repair of controllers. We will book repair and arrange courier service for you, so please forward us following information:

-          Serial numbers of the device (they're on a sticker on the Vive box; please don't take numbers from the controllers directly, it's another kind of number);
-          Copy of proof of purchase to check the warranty status;
-          Address, with postal code, to send the part back after repair;
-          Issue description.
-          Confirm will you send both controllers.

Once we receive your email, we will proceed with booking process. When we complete process, we will forward you instructions. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

We will be waiting your kind reply.
Have a pleasant day!

Best regards, 

Ivana
HTC Vive support team

I got a followup email today, with directions for sending it with UPS today along with a .pdf file for UPS delivery.

I have packaged it and secured the package, will be sending it today.

Thanks yet again Synthesis for helping me out! 

Now the waiting begins for the repairs. :) 

Got 2 emails right now, for both controllers, that contains the following information.

Hello,

We are contacting you regarding the repair of the product HTC Vive Controllers with serial number FA642JXXXXXX, E2E ticket 117366431616, CTDI repair no 300158HRO.

During the repair process our technicians have identified that the repair cannot be completed in warranty due to the following reason:

The cost of an out of warranty repair (spare parts + labour and logistic fee) vat included is: 81.7292 EUR

Please note that if you reject the quotation you should pay the cost of inspection and logistic fee: 45 EUR

Parts lists:BATTERY - BATTERY_LI-POLYMER,960mAh,3.85V,ATL,ATL,671669,GB-S10-671669-010H,w/o water label,60degC,60/-20degC,71.5*16.14*6.85mm - 35H00244-00MSERVICE - Testare/Upgrade software - Testare/Upgrade software

And the other :

Hello,

We are contacting you regarding the repair of the product HTC Vive Controllers with serial number FA642JXXXXX, E2E ticket 117366431571, CTDI repair no 300156HRO.

During the repair process our technicians have identified that the repair cannot be completed in warranty due to the following reason:

The cost of an out of warranty repair (spare parts + labour and logistic fee) vat included is: 77.8498 EUR

Please note that if you reject the quotation you should pay the cost of inspection and logistic fee: 45 EUR

Parts lists:BATTERY - BATTERY_LI-POLYMER,960mAh,3.85V,ATL,ATL,671669,GB-S10-671669-010H,w/o water label,60degC,60/-20degC,71.5*16.14*6.85mm - 35H00244-00M

I'm sorry to say, that I wasn't expecting this reply.. And I expect that this will get sorted, I'm not gonna reply to these emails.

Any help?

Archived