CDTI - Awful Service still waiting for my VIVE

Meusli

I am getting very frustrated with the service I have had so far, if you can call it a service! My VIVE kept going into sleep mode so I updated the software and it seemed to be fine. Then it started again so I contacted Technical support. I had to send my VIVE to a company based in Romania CTDI and am still waiting for them to return it to me, actually getting in contact with me with what is happening would be a start.

They requested €75.32 to update the software which I had already done, however in not paying they would not return my VIVE.I have emailed several times and asked if there was an update and the reply was No not yet!

After reading through the forum I see I shouldn'y have paid them for the repairs as it should be in warranty, it was about 1 year and 1 week old. They also said it was out of warranty. 

Has anyone had the same experience that can help? 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ,

Typically the warranty period for the Vive is 1 year from the date of purchase. When you have a moment can you PM me your name, email address and phone number along with your repair ticket number?  I will try and find out what can be done.

Thanks,

John

Message sent.

As you are aware I am a resident of the EU where a warranty is for two years, I do feel as though I was given a bad choice/poor choice of how much money I was to pay. Also to pay the money to your repair company via "Bank Transfer" also costs money to do, an extra £9.50. Very expensive for a premium item that has not seen much use.

Thank you for sending the info.  I understand that the EU has specific conditions where 2 years would apply to the warranty, being that I am US based I can't really claim any expertise on this so will pass your info to my colleagues in EU.

Thank you again, I will reply back with next steps as I get updates.  There may be delays in response time due to timezone differences.

Edit: I edited a spelling error on your post thinking it was mine, my bad, no actual contents were removed or altered, just the spelling for "warranty".  Sorry about that!

Thanks!

John

Hi 

I received an update over night.  It appears that the fee was waived and the repair is proceeding since you were only within a week of the warranty expiration.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

John

Hi 

Thanks that is great news, I appreciate your assistance with this.

I have checked my account but the money has not been returned.

Do you know when this will be? Also do you have any idea when they will be returning it as it has been a few weeks now.

Thanks again

Archived