CDTI - Awful Service still waiting for my VIVE

Meusli

Hi 

The VIVE arrived today  and it is in a worse condition now than it was before I sent it to be fixed. It now turns on and the screen gives a quick flash then goes black and then the mirror image crashes soon after but the sound is still going on of birds tweeting in the garden. The green light is still present on the side and the software shows no error messages. 

Can you also advise me on the payment that I have already made for this repair as I am not sure how I am supposed to go about getting it back.

Yours a concerned and dissapointed Vive'r.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ,

I've sent your comments to our EU support team.  I will call them first thing during my morning to catch them during office hours their time to understand what is going on.  Terribly sorry about your experience.  

Please grant me one more day of your patience as I navigate through our support processes over there on your behalf.

Many thanks,

John

Hello ,

I received word that our teams were having trouble contacting you at the original number that was provided however it sounds like you have been in touch via email.  The HMD did not return any failure during diagnostic at the repair center so there is suspicion that the 3-1 cable may be the culprit.  The support team will confirm that with you once you have had a chance to connect.

Secondly the repair charges should have been waived, our support folks are working with CDTI on a reimbursement mechanism.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

John

Hi,

Yes, they sent me an email this morning and I told them what my phone number is at work and when I would be available to take a call. I am out in the countryside so reception is really bad here for mobile phone, thats why I gave them my land line number. Unfortunately they have not rang that once, so I do not know what to do and I leave in half an hour and I suspect they do too.

Anyhow hope to speak to them soon.

I have sat and wiggled the cable inserted into the Vive and it does appear that the HDMI cable is possibly faulty. It does not stay on for long just flashes intermittently but the unit tracks correctly now.

I have tried with the one that came with my steam box but I don't think its HDMI 1.4 which I think the Vive is? all my other cables are of similar age or too fat. When I use them it says there is a problem with the HDMI cable and to check it is plugged in.

Archived