Programmatically installed application gets to the list of 2D apps (Vive Focus 3)

15 hours ago, RodionovID said:

In settings->storage->file explorer I chose apk file and installed it. In this case my app in VR category.

Could you also provide this log file?

Install from file explorer then launch from Library, thanks!

BTW, there is NullReferenceException occured.

06-03 15:59:26.625  7984  8011 E Unity   : NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Line 3151: 06-03 15:59:26.625  7984  8011 E Unity   :   at Gameplay.FreeCamera.Update () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

Which Wave plugin version did you install in your app(com.stemgames.vics.studio)?

Hi @RodionovID,

Do you mind sharing both of your apps for further investigation?

We did find the root cause, but not sure why is this happening.

If you install and launch from your launcher,

06-03 15:59:02.660  1330  1370 I ActivityManager: Start proc 7984:com.stemgames.vics.studio/u0a194 for activity {com.stemgames.vics.studio/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity}

If you install from storage and launch from Library,

06-04 12:39:15.000  1324  1368 I ActivityManager: Start proc 11803:com.stemgames.vics.studio/u0a196 for activity {com.stemgames.vics.studio/com.htc.vr.unity.WVRUnityVRActivity}

Hi @RodionovID,

May I know where is the apk file stored after downloading from launcher apk?

I would like to check the original apk file after downloading.

Launcher app will delete the file after installation completed?

If yes, could you provide a version that will not delete the original apk file?

Hello @VIVE_chengnay
Application apk file is stored in launcher cache directory:
/data/user/0/com.companyname.vics_science_studio_launcher/cache
And yes, launcher deletes application apk right after installation.
Here is link to the launcher that doesn't delete application apk:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LTcDd3PkLkkngwGskw065nPd8nP90rxc/view?usp=drive_link

Remark: application apk file that I sent earlier and application apk file downloading by launcher are the same.

@VIVE_chengnay, hello.

Launcher determines android device model and according it downloads the appropriate application. If launcher can't recognize device model, it tries to install applicatoin for pico devices by default.

Most likely that you are trying to install application via launcher from  device that launcher can't recoginze. If you want to install application for vive focus 3, you should use vive focus 3 device in your tests.

On 6/4/2024 at 6:51 PM, VIVE_chengnay said:

Hi @RodionovID,

Do you mind sharing both of your apps for further investigation?

We did find the root cause, but not sure why is this happening.

If you install and launch from your launcher,

06-03 15:59:02.660  1330  1370 I ActivityManager: Start proc 7984:com.stemgames.vics.studio/u0a194 for activity {com.stemgames.vics.studio/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity}

If you install from storage and launch from Library,

06-04 12:39:15.000  1324  1368 I ActivityManager: Start proc 11803:com.stemgames.vics.studio/u0a196 for activity {com.stemgames.vics.studio/com.htc.vr.unity.WVRUnityVRActivity}

Hi @RodionovID,

My result should be the same as what you have met and also match the result from your logs.

Please ensure your launcher is downloading correct apk for Focus 3 device.

Add logs to check if file is downloaded correctly.

I don't think APK's manifest will be modified changing com.htc.vr.unity.WVRUnityVRActivity to com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity.