Installing Vive OpenXR: ViveXRTracker.cs(1570,34):error CS1501: No overload for method 'Contains' takes 2 arguments

VRGiants

Hey Folks,

maybe someone can help me with this.

I've tried to follow this tutorial of installing Vive OpenXR: https://developer.vive.com/resources/openxr/unity/tutorials/how-to-install-vive-openxr-plugin/

I choose: Install or Update to Latest Version, but right after it installs I get this error and don't know what to do about it.

Library\PackageCache\com.htc.upm.vive.openxr@3dd72f5f56\Runtime\Features\Tracker\XR\Scripts\ViveXRTracker.cs(1570,34): error CS1501: No overload for method 'Contains' takes 2 arguments

I wanted to continue doing htis tutorial: https://developer.vive.com/resources/openxr/unity/tutorials/getting-started-with-openxr/

So I choose a version of Unity that has been Verified for this purpose: in this case it was 2020.3.30f1

Prerequisite: Unity Versions 2020.3.15f2, 2020.3.30f1 and 2021.3.3f1 are verified and recommended.

But I also got the exact same problem with using Untiy 2020.3.16f1

How can I resolve this and what is the advantage of using the Vive Open XR over the default OpenXR? (just checking if its even woth the effort since the Vive also seems to work with normal openxr)

Best regards,
Wolfgang

Yes i downgraded to Version 1.0.13 in Unity 2020.3.30f1 and at least the installation works without any problem. But then in the IL2Cpp build I get an error.

Do you think 2021.3.3f1 will allow building with Il2Cpp as well without any runtime errors?

• 2 weeks later...

Judging from my experience with the HTC Vive 1st generation and XR Elite the game works with the normal OpenXR just fine. If I wanna submit to Viveport and Infinity, does it matter if I use the normal OpenXR system for implementation instead of the Vive OpenXR custom one. So is it a requirement for submission to use the custom Vive version?