Included Games Bundle Issue : Tilt Brush won't launch from neither the Vive Games Library nor Steam.

Kranky Pantz

I've successfully redeemed the codes which are included with the purchase of a new Vive , downloaded, and installed all 3 free games .

These are currently Tilt Brush, Everest, and Richie's Plank Experience.

The last two titles work on both the Vive app as well as Steam, and can be launched from either app.

Yet every time I attempt to launch Tilt Brush it reports an error code "43201".

The full dialogue reads " Launch Failed : Viveport app does not launch Tilt Brush (43201).

According to this chart, that means :

43201 http

400.201 (403) -> policy violated, exceed maximum allowed devices

https://developer.viveport.com/documents/sdk/en/errorcodes.html

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing both the game and all of the Vive software, nothing fixes that Tilt Brush error.

I have two Vive's and two VR PC's, both run the same software, and both are giving this error message.

I highly doubt that "exceeded maximum allowed devices" is the issue, as both PC's are only ever signed it at any given time with only my own account, and only one PC is ever powered on at any given time.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Would REALLY love to play around with Tilt Brush sooner than later.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a DRM error code. When a developer publishes on Viveport, they can determine how many seats the license grants. In this case, it appears as if Google has set it to one seat. Uninstalling it on the second machine while it's logged into Viveport should have fixed the error. , do you have any insights into this? 

Are you installing the software on a single PC or are you also using multiple PCs? 

Thanks

Since I have two Vive's running on differents machines, I've installed it onto both PC's, using my single Vive login.

If what you state is possible,  then it's the ONLY time I've ever had a licensing issue such as this, and I have hundreds of Steam titles and quite a few Oculus titles on both PC's, with zero issues...I can login and play anything on either PC without restrictions.

Same goes for gaming consoles, no restrictions per single user account across multiple same consoles.

I will test out your theory and login/uninstall Tilt Brush from one of the PC's, then check to see if it will work on the other.

Will report back on the resultsASAP.

OK, I've uninstalled Tilt Brush from the 2nd PC and then shut it down.

I've now turned on my primary PC, logged into Viveport and confirmed that Tilt Brush is installed.

NOPE! No difference, still error code 43201.

It sounds like the issue isn't on my end, as other single PC owners have started chiming in.

If this is a trend and others were just waiting to check the forums/support for help, I think we'll see soon enough if this is a widespread issue.

First the Star Trek Bridge Crew code screw up (I still don't have THAT code), and now this.

:-(

Archived