Vive Hub 2.0.0a BETA - SteamVR issues

wenergy

I've recently purchased a new PC and went through the setup to connect my Vive XR elite to access SteamVR through Vive Hub.  My PC is successfully connected, and all the games show up in the PC VR Apps library.  When I directly open a title on the headset (as opposed to opening the SteamVR app iteself), it will be stuck on the streaming splash screen.  On my PC, I get the following error: 

SteamVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_HmdNotFound: "Hmd Not Found (108)"  Please verify SteamVR is properly installed and try again.

At this point I think I need to just exit everything and start over or else nothing seems to work. 

I did find a workaround for all this.  I first open the SteamVR app on my headset.  It will still be stuck on the streaming splash screen, but from here I can use the controller to return to the lobby.  Now I can select a game from the PC VR Apps library and it seems to work.

There was a time where I could just open a game on the PC VR Apps library without having to go through the extra step of always having to remember to open the SteamVR app first, but now the workaround is the only way I can get SteamVR titles to work.  Is there something I can do to get everything to work as intended?  In addition, the toggle for "MR with passthrough" in the Vive Streaming Setting > Graphics menu is always reverted to off when the Vive Hub is closed.