Using Vive trackers 3.0 along with Vive XR Elite

VRDevelopper

Hello,

I have some Vive trackers (3.0 and 2.0) with liighthouses 2.0 which I used successfully with a Vive  ProEye.

Now, I want to use them with a Vive Elite XR,

How do I do that ?

I found that it is possible to use the trackers 2 and 3 without a VR headset. So, my idea was that I could disable the ProEye, pair the trackers  with a  bluetooth dongle and then restart SteamVR using Vive Bussiness streaming to enable the EliteXR.

Here are the instruuctions I found:

You can use Vive trackers without an HMD (Head-Mounted Display) by following these steps:
  1. Shut down SteamVR: Make sure SteamVR is not running.
  2. Edit the SteamVR settings:
    • Locate the default.vrsettings file in the SteamVR directory (usually found in Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\resources\settings).
    • Open the file with a text editor and find the requireHmd key under the steamvr section.
    • Set the value of requireHmd to false.
  3. Enable multiple drivers:
    • In the same default.vrsettings file, add activateMultipleDrivers set to true in the steamvr section.
    • Add a driver_null section with enable set to true.
  4. Restart SteamVR: After making these changes, restart SteamVR.
  5. Pair the trackers: Connect the Vive tracker dongles to your PC and pair the trackers.
What do you plan to use the Vive trackers for?

At some point I got one the Trackers successsfully paired with no headset, but I did not see the Lighthouses.

And  when Vive Businesss Streaming restarted SteamVR, the tracker diisappeared but still kepy its light green aas if it was paired.

In fact, is that possible aat all to achieve what I want to do ?

I remember at some point I  had seen seen a kind of  stick sold bby HTC which allowed to calibrate the old trackers visually with the ElireXR by moovving it around. But I can find it anywhere.

Thannk you for any help or suggestion,

Christian