What are all the requirements for a Vive exp. Kiosk on a strip mall?

Noel_Steven

Just bought the Vive CE and have a very competent computer exceeding necessary requirements for a great VR experience  and was considering renting a small space at my nearby mall. Of course the average consumer can't afford to buy all the equipment, but most would like to experience it for sure. Renting a kiosk/space would be more affordable than renting an entire arcade space but what other expenses is there besides Internet, game cost, business license, and rent space? 

Hey mate,

I reckon you might want to spring for a few spare foam face shields.  I know when my kids have used it, even with the aircon on, the sweaty face bit feels gross.  And their my kids!!!  Just suggesting, that while one foam is in use, have 2 more in a fan closet, or dangling behind the fans of your PC that's driving the demonstration.

Some alcohol wipes, for cleaning the deluxe audio strap, or other type of "can" headphones.  Hygine is your friend when the public is concerned.

Perhaps a ticket book, so you can systematically call the next player if you get quite a large queue.  

Hi ,

As , face cushions and alcohol wipes are the key. You'll want to get "PLU" face cushions. Always use isopropyl alcohol to disinfect; other disinfectants can cause irritation. The deluxe audio strap is far better situated for public use than the standard headstrap but a mall is a loud environment so you may want to use a standard headstrap or a DAS with the earphones removed and use a pair of closed or noise cancelling headphones. One thing to keep in mind that we've heard form some operators is that some malls have polished floors that can break lighthouse tracking since they're too reflective. If you have a kiosk already, using something like this to mount the lighthouses might be the most discreet option. An SMS schedule system is also helpful to buzz people when their appointment is approaching. 

, Licensing is one major factor currently preventing proliferation across US markets. Some games like Space Pirate trainer offer direct licensing, however, most devs don't since it requires quite a bit of overhead to manage. Viveport Arcade Manager is in an open beta and will allow you to legally license hundreds of titles on-demand and manage multiple setups. Steam also offers licensing but on a different model that has more front-end costs which can be prohibitive if you desire a large library.  

Check out https://arcade.viveport.com/ ; you can test it by selecting free titles. 

• 3 months later...

Archived