Can't Install Vive Desktop App because it cant install steam (it's already installed)

Ryanglass87

I can't Install Vive Desktop App because it cant install steam (it's already installed.)

I try to install the app, it installs to 100% the gets stuck on steam installation below straight after.

i previously had it working and had to perform a system restore to an earlier point in time before it was installed due to faulty programs. could there be old files left behind?

also does it make a difference my steam folders and games installed on my D: drive? i did change the viveport location installtion to the other drive to see if it made a difference and it did not.

In every instance we tried, simply exiting out of the installer when the Steam error occurs worked. The Vive software should be installed at this point and will appear as "Vive" under the start menu. You can also try looking in the installation directory that was selected during the install process. Exiting out of the installer at that stage will not remove the files previously installed to that point so the Vive software should be accessible. 

• 1 year later...

Archived