Headset appears to be dead any further suggestions or am I out $600+ on a 2 month old purchase?

sinrtb

I am getting no response other than occasionally a view of what my headset should see on my monitor but nothing from the headset itself.  I have reinstalled the software, attached new cables both through the link box and individually through directly to the PC with no luck. I even tried installing on my laptop (Nvidia 970m  ) just to see if the picture would show in the headset but it didnt get past the detecting USB/HDMI in the setup.  Nothing seems to be pushing a picture through to the headset. Is it possible to buy just the headset through HTC/Vive/Steam? 

You don't need to buy it all over again (And we don't sell the HMD seperately in any case) all you need do is have it RMA'd for repair. It sounds like you already did most of the troubleshooting I would have recommended. If it's not the cable, it's likely the HMD.

Thanks,

-John C

New one is ordered and on the way. I hate having a brand new PC that has absolutely no use (I already have a PC for gaming it just didn't meet the reqs for Vive with the 970m video card) sitting doing nothing and after 6+ hours debugging with no solution it is now more cost effective to part out the new Vive base stations and controllers on EBAY then wait for a possible RMA, which from prior postings look like it could take weeks if at all. This will be my last purchase from HTC.

Archived