Controller not visible or not stable at all (to infinity and beyond)

MrSojiro

Hello everbody,

Here are some news about my case :

I had a little chat with the french support team, and here is the result :

- I will not be able to transmit any ticket number for the next 1 to 4 days. Indeed, an investigation is underway to determinate the causes of my controller's failure. (while they cannot manipulate it, considering it is still in my home)

- After that, they'll decide to take it back to RMA (maybe), and they will test it to certify the default.

-Then and only then, they will decide if they will replace it or not (you know, 3 RMA process maybe not enouth XD).

I guess i'm still not done with that problem..... (considering 5 day for investigation + 3 more day for shipping (yeah...), + 5 benchmarking + 5 days of "we need to find a new one" + 3 days of shipping again => which lead to, at least : 21 days of whatever will happen in the repair certer (named "black box" be me) + a possibility that the new controller....well....get the same defect :') kill me XD )

Maybe i will have it for Christmas...whoaaa O_O

Bytheway, the person I chat with today was very kind with me, which i appreciate a lot.

Days since i got the Vive : 28 (i need a pins , something like an achivement or whatever you want XD)

Days with 2 functionning controller : 0 (but hey, i got a functionning headset, who am I to complain, some didn't have that !! XD)

Days with super mega frustration feeling : over 9000

But hey, its a brand new HeadSet, what should I expect :p (sorry, that is clearly not directed toward you, but i need to express myself in a funny way sometimes :p)

MrSojiro

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Synthesis,@jagibson,@VibrantNebula

Part 1/2

Hello everbody,

Here are some news about my case :

I had a little chat with the french support team, and here is the result :

- I will not be able to transmit any ticket number for the next 1 to 4 days. Indeed, an investigation is underway to determinate the causes of my controller's failure. (while they cannot manipulate it, considering it is still in my home)
- After that, they'll decide to take it back to RMA (maybe), and they will test it to certify the default.
-Then and only then, they will decide if they will replace it or not (you know, 3 RMA process maybe not enouth XD).

@Synthesis,@jagibson,@VibrantNebula

Part 2/2

I guess i'm still not done with that problem..... (considering 5 day for investigation + 3 more day for shipping (yeah...), + 5 benchmarking + 5 days of "we need to find a new one" + 3 days of shipping again   => which lead to, at least : 21 days of whatever will happen in the repair certer (named "black box" be me) + a possibility that the new controller....well....get the same defect :')   kill me XD )

Maybe i will have it for Christmas...whoaaa O_O

Bytheway, the person I chat with today was very kind with me, which i appreciate a lot.

Days since i got the Vive : 28 (i need a pins , something like an achivement or whatever you want XD)

Days with 2 functionning controller : 0 (but hey, i got a functionning headset, who am I to complain, some didn't have that !! XD)

Days with super mega frustration feeling : over 9000

But hey, its a brand new HeadSet, what should I expect :p  (sorry, that is clearly not directed toward you, but i need to express myself in a funny way sometimes :p)

MrSojiro

Hi ,

Still no ticket number for the moment as "an investigation is underway" and no RMA procedure will be launched until this "investigation" be done. (should i cry now or after ? :p)

At this point, i'm unable to tell you if what they told me was total bull"poop" (to remain polite) or the real procedure....[how can you inquerry for the failure causes of a component if you are unable to test it, because...well...you don't have it.....] \o/

But hey, I'll stay positive (as much as i can)

As i said previously, i will certainly get the tecket at the end of the 4 next days. We will see what surpprise will await me at the end of this periode :p

MrSojiro

Soooooo,

Tomorrow is the day I way waiting for (5 days deadline of the "investigation"). I REALY hope that they will finaly give my a RMA ticket number, and, of course, decide to replace the entire unit. T_T

Days without being able to use the magnificent headset : 32 (and tomorrow, 33 (cause 32 + 1 = 33, which is, "quick math" if i quote Michael Dapaah ahem,....sorry about that >.<)

See you tomorrow everybody :)

Hi everybody,

Here some news about my case:

- First, here is what I suppose to be the ticket number of my problem : [Ticket:117486843267]

- Second, here is the mail (in french, and i will traduce it in english after, don't worry) i receive this morning :

Bonjour   , nous sommes tellement  desolés Pour  les inconvenients que vous avez eu  ,  nous vous prions de nous communiquer  les manipulations pour le SETUP que vous avez effectué des al reception de votre  controlleur  de la reparation   , selon le centre de reparation le controlleur FA6CFJ003884 a depassé tous les testes de tracking 

(Let me be clear : this is NOT even well written french, this is undertandable, but that's it.)

Basicaly, it said : "Hello, we are very sorry for what happen to you, and we would like that you communicate the setup detail you made after the reception of your controller from the RMA. According to our repair center, the controller FA6CFJ003884 has passed every tracking test.

I have SOOOOOOO MANY question that i want to ask them, and i'm so mad about this situation! This is realy unbelieveble, and i hold myself back because i'm loosing my patience to be honest.

Here will be the next question i will ask them :

- How am I supposed to find any S/N for the contrôleur when it is not EVEN written ANYWHERE ON the controller (I gave to number i could find on the repair log).

- But guess what : I not even sure they did the right repairation on the right controller, cause i send to controller the last time, they said the changed the main board of one of them , and yeah, I had to update the firmware of one of them, but I had to update the firware of the WRONG controller, not the defect one.

- How the hell did the controller passed any test when, in my SETUP, this controller cannot where other one CAN !!

I have a lot of other question, but for not, I'm not in a good mood (sorry about that but for now, i'm relly considering giving up for all of that, I've to drink some tea and calm the f.... down...)

AAARRRHHGG !!!!

Oh my god...

Every message I post that are a bit too long DESAPEAR in the void :O

How the hell am'I supposed to remember every word i write here before this anoying bug....

I will try to re-explain the whole thing then...

:( :( :(

Re-written because of a forum bug

, ,  ,

Hello everybody,

This morning , i received a mail from the HTC support team, and to be honest, it was a long time since i was disapointed like that.

----------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour   , nous sommes tellement  desolés Pour  les inconvenients que vous avez eu  ,  nous vous prions de nous communiquer  les manipulations pour le SETUP que vous avez effectué des al reception de votre  controlleur  de la reparation   , selon le centre de reparation le controlleur FA6CFJ003884 a depassé tous les testes de tracking 

Vous pouvez nous joindre par chat depuis le liens suivant : http://www.htc.com/fr/contact/chat/
Vous pouvez nous joindre également par chat depuis le liens suivant : http://www.htc.com/fr/contact/email/
Notre centre d’appel reste à votre disposition au 0805 54 24 82(France), 0800 814 82(Belgique&Luxembourg), 0800 001 324(Suisse)
Nous vous remercions de l'intérêt que vous portez à nos produits et services.

----------------------------------------------------------

So, basicaly, there is two things here which interest us :

First, the ticket number (finally we got it) which was present on the mail subject : [Ticket:117486843267]

Second, the mail, let me traduce it (the red part) :

"Hello, we are so sorry for the inconvinience you had, we would like to ask you to send every manipulation for the SETUP [what ???] you did after the reception of the controller from the RMA. According to the repair center, the controller FA6CFJ003884 has passed every tracking test."

So, even after providing every proof that the controller is not OK, for them, everything is alright.....

Several questions are still remaining :

- The ref they gave in red is the ref i can find in the repair process, BUT, two thing are very strange : 1- why are we not able to find this S/N on the controlleur, considering there is no REF number (nowhere), no stickers, ect... on the controller itself ? 2- see the point above

- When i recieved the two controller from RMA, both seems to be the same (i wasn't able to say which one were which one, cause the right tracked one, which had a trigger prob, were fixed). BUT, when i tried to used one of them, it ask me for a firmware upgrade. But guess what ? This one was fully functionnal, while the other one were still OUT, with exactly the same symptom + the same way to "track it" (90° to the left, see my old post). They said that they have changed the main board of the defective controller, which i clearly doubt. Considering i cannot know which one has which SN, i cannot confirm if they really did it, or if they changed the main board of the functioning controller instead (!!!).

I sent them what they asked to me. Duration required now for any kind of aswer ? 48h ! (Really ?!)

I'm very mad about his, and more about the following :

Considering this situation, here is what I said : Is this problem persist after this 6465435° procedure, i seriously consider asker for either an exchange for the whose set, or a total refund of it.

This was their answer : No ("You can ask for a refund only the first 15 days")

Which is wrong : if I'm not satisfied with the product, yes, i can change my mind and ask for a refund the first 15 days ONLY.

But in that case, this is clearly different, the prodction doesn't fit the spec (-> broken) : In France, this is what the law say :

The professional seller must deliver a good in accordance with the contract. Otherwise, he is responsible for defects in the delivery, but also for all those resulting from the packaging, the assembly instructions or the installation when he is in charge of the contract or under his responsibility (article L.217 -4)

AND :

Property is in accordance with Article L.217-5 when it is

- fit for the usually expected use of a similar good, where appropriate, etc. :

- present the characteristics defined by the parties or be fit for the special use sought by the buyer, known to the seller and accepted.

According to this part, and some other, and considering I was given something not functionnal, i'm in my right to ask for an exchange/refund.

This, is, totally, crazy :(

Sry, totady, i'm not able to smile as usual.....

Kind Regard,

MrSojiro

Archived