Controller not visible or not stable at all (to infinity and beyond)

MrSojiro

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ,

You are right, someone from HTC staff has called me this afternoon (to be honest, it was a really good conversation I had with that person). I have to send back my controller to the repair center, and they will send me a new one.

The person i had explain me the whole process (the repairing one), and i know understant how my controller came back with the same defective sensor : as sensor are not really tested, but calibrated, the default couldn't be realy seen by the repair team. That didn't excuse them, considéring they could have test it to see if was really functionnal or not, but...well...i understand the case at least.

I want to thanks both  , and considering that a part of the french support wasn't very useful. I fould here a lot of support, useful information, and of course, skilled staff members :)

I'm also glad that this issue will be (normally) resolved with a good end (ok, I totally aware of the Murphy law, and the whole process is still not finished, but hey, let me hope that everything will be alright XD).

I will put this issue as solved as soon i will receive the new controller (and obviously, tested it XD)

Again, thank you very much :)

PS: by the way, they are very intriged by the issue I had, and they want to test my controller to see what the **bleep** was really happening (they cannot see why this sensor can mess with the whole traking system)

As a bonus to this conversation, here you can find a tips that can certainly solved every USB problem you can found (for HTC Vive or any other stuff :p) - I'm in good mood :

Happy new year to everyone ;)

MrSojiro

• 2 weeks later...

, ,

Hi everybody !

Today is my birthday (true story), and i received (yes, today again) a package from HTC. This is the new controller that replace my defective one.

Guess what ?

Everything is alright !! I can now use my Vive, which is, considering the whole story, unbelieveble !

I would like to thank all of you again for helping me to fix this situation. I can now enjoy this piece of technology which I was waiting for some years (+2,5 month XD). This is a nice gift for this perticular day. ^^

Thanks again !

MrSojiro

Archived