So, after ordering I was expecting my Vive to ship within 3 working days as the website had told me. Yesterday, since I had been waiting for double that amount of time, I decided to contact the chat support in order to see what the delay was and when I could expect it. I get it, I ordered on black friday weekend, a delay isn't too surprising, I just wanted to know what was going on. 

I wait for 30 minutes for a chat advisor, but none connects and I need to go. I had put in an email question a few days ago as well I think. Anyway, this morning I got this mail letting me know they had cancelled my order

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting HTC Customer Support Center.

This is to confirm that the order #xxxxxxxxxxx will be cancelled due to some technical issues.

will send over a special link with unique codes for you to re-place the order with the same price max by beginning of next week

For any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back using our support channels

Phone num: 1 800 995 482

09:00 - 18:00 (Mon - Fri)

And HYG email support

http://www.htc.com/ie/contact/email/

And hereunder our chat support

http://www.htc.com/ie/contact/chat/

Sincerely,
Sara.

HTC technical support.

Edit: removed your order number reference for privacy. -JohnG

Not sure what is going on yet but did you receive the follow up email with codes as indicated in your original email?  Those codes should allow you to reorder the same package.  Sometimes when there is an issue with the platform or fulfillment center we need to have the order cancelled and re-ordered to get it through again.  I realize that this is inconvenient but rest assured you shouldn't be missing out on the original promo for black friday.

Thanks,

John

Heya, thanks for responding! No code as yet, I'm afraid. I'll re-order as soon as I get one for sure, just waiting now. I contacted chat today and they weren't able to actually provide one, they also just advised me to wait on an email. 

Update from me - still waiting on the promo code email to no avail. 

I contacted CS chat again for an update, and they are now saying it may take until Thursday to provide the codes. That means the order won't likely despatch until next week, and I'll be travelling next week for the holidays so receiving a delivery will be troublesome, which is exactly what I wanted to avoid. 

Well yesterday came and went with no promo code, and thus no order. 

So I contacted chat again today, and they told me that in fact there isn't a promo code on the way to me at all, and that the problem is instead that the Deluxe Audio Strap is out of stock at the moment, and there is no information available on when it will be back in stock. 

Essentially, they made me wait until today to tell me "actually, this wasn't just a glitch, we're just out of stock", so I'm giving up at this point. I'll get a new phone or something for christmas instead.  

Archived