If you live in Australia don’t buy a Vive from Vive online.

Eyesoar

Just a quick warning my Vive died after 13 months of occasional use. If I had purchased it from a store in Australia I would have still been covered under the Australian Consumer Guarantee. However after many unhelpful attempts to get satisfaction from Vive support and eventually Contacting the Australian Consumer Affairs I discovered that as Vive is not an Australian Company then Consumer Affairs can’t pressure them to replace it.

If I had brought it from an Australian Store then yes I would be entitled to it being repaired or replaced even though it is past the 12 months stated on the manufacturers warranty.

My Origional Statement stands. Last contact from Vive Australia support is send it in to be assesed for repair. (I have heard from the repairer that they replace not repair) I will have to pay the repair/replacement cost just under $400 plus postage to send the unit in. If I had purchased from an Australian business or local store I would have been able to have the unity repaired or replaced at no cost to me due to Australian Consumer laws.
I also wouldn't have had the frustration of dealing with Vive Australian Support who continually fail to answer fairly straight forward questions.

• 1 month later...

Archived