Vive Controller's trackpads do not click to the right of the trackpad.

Rus

I'm having the same issue. The right side of the trackpad on one of my controllers just doesn't work right. The thing is I think it's always been like this but I never really noticed until I tried to play something that required its use.

The other thing is that I received this as a gift last christmas so I think I'm just outside warranty; but just purchased the Vive Pro. Can you help?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've replaced 3 controllers due to this issue. ( I have 5 controllers now, 3 dont work).

The Controllers are good but this is clearly a design flaw.

I have a numbers of online friends whom have all purchased replacements, sent in the controllers for repair (every two-four months), or sold off thier Vive in favor of other VR brands.

I like my Vive but the company needs to address the long term, and heavy usage problems of these controllers.

Here's me 2 minute fix without opening your controller. Note this might not work for everyone but worked on mine. Ive had to open both controllers twice before to fix the right track pad to click. On the last time I stripped out the screws so I can no longer open up the wand. What I did was cut a thin piece of cardbox around 3/4"x1/4" and then slide one end underneath the LEFT side of the track pad (it should slide in between the track pad and case casing). Then push down the other side of the cardboard against the controller and tape it down. The friction will slightly push the track pad to the right aligning it so it can now click. You may have to try different cardboard thicknesses and positions, too thick and the pad will stick. Been working flawless now for months.

Archived