Blurry on Edges / Adjusting Contrast & Vibrance

layne81

Hello guys,

Long time Vive owner... first time posting here.

I am experiencing extremely blurry edges...ex. text on edge of screen.... graphics on edges.... where my view that is clear is only dead center... I have tried adjusting ipmd...strap...etc. Looking for any other tips or fixes?

Also, is there anyway to adjust the contrast and vibrance? It seems all of the graphics look dull and lifeless to me in the vive....

Thanks,

Layne

There's definitely a "sweet spot" when it comes to optics and Vive is no exception. You'll want to adjust the IPD and strap as you mentioned until it looks right. However, if you're noticing it really doesn't look right, if you can, try to compare it to another Vive unit and see if it looks the same. 

If not, it's possible there's an issue with the display or the cable. I'd definitely reseat your cables and possibly try to substitute an HDMI cable to test that as well.

Thanks,

-John C

I definitely do not have another Vive laying around to compare to.

Should the text and the perimeter be legible at all? I am drunk except in the middle lol

This may be the case.. it’s been a while since I have used it... just seems overbearing... just upgraded to the new audio strap with headphones...

Archived