Grey screen after about an hour of using.

Kligan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange. Can you create a system log for us?

In SteamVR, go to the Settings > General, click Create System Report, and click Save to File.

Then take that file and attach it to a PM and send it to me. If you're unable to attach it, just PM me for further instructions.

Thanks,

-John C

Hello again!

My apologies for such delayed response - last couple days I was little busy.

So, I've tried switching stations around, and the dead zone appears in the same spot still. And as usual - after about an hour of using VR.

The system report file I will send you via PM, as you asked.

Plz let me know if you found a way to fix it. I have the exact same problem. A little over a hour in vr and the exact same spot starts loosing tracking. After restating the pc its back to normal. I have a PCIe usb card on the way. If that fixes it I will let you know.

you probably ran into a problem related to the environmental temperature. Can you try to cover with a hand the sensor positioned on the left of the camera (watching the Vive in the front; if you wear it is in the right) while the problem is present? If that's what I think it should come back to work again. You can also try to cool the viewer to make it work properly for a few minutes.

It's true, it does not seem particularly sexy, but it works well enough. I noticed that in this way the tracking is slightly less stable, it also happens to you?
If you want you can add your own comment to the specific thread:
http://community.viveport.com/t5/Technical-Support/flashing-grey-screen/td-p/8607/page/27
This thread was opened in June 2017, but unfortunately HTC has not yet provided a solution to the problem.

Archived