issue preventing use of VIVEPORT cant cancel region selection. and / or change region once selected.

NNTB

BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT: there is a issue preventing me from utilizing the VIVEPORT features and that issue is it locks the region once selected and you have no way of changing the region. as i travel between regions i require the ability to change my region.  i can only assume that the region lock flaw is an oversite of some kind and just needs to be patched as other companies products don't act this way. the NINTENDO SWITCH has no issue changing regions. the Sony PlayStation 4 has no issues changing regions. why does the HTC VIVE.

contacted support entering log below. if no response is received within 24 hours i will assume no response will be received and will return to inquiring to customer support until i can get a legitimate way to contact htc about this technical issue. 

Me:
chat

Kimmy:9:06 AM

Hi! Thank you for contacting VIVE Technical Support. My name is Kim. How are you?

Hi John

Me:
hi

how can I help?

Me:
i have a HTC VIVE and i cant utilize the htc store software

Me:
it asks me to verify a country, which would be ok. but it then lets me know i will be locked in.

Me:
i go between america and japan. even my steam account switchs between the 2

Me:
i cant region lock my vive

Me:
so i cant use the software

Me:
please help

Kimmy:9:09 AM
Oh dear, this could be a problem. I believe the best solution to this is to contact viveport community.

Me:
ok

Me:
so how about htc developers

Me:
who work on vive?

Kimmy:9:09 AM
here is the link https://community.viveport.com/

Me:
i need corporate support as the comunity has no ability to fix this software issue

Kimmy:9:10 AM
I understand your concern. However, they have tools for the viveport that we dont have here. They would be able to assist you.

You came to the right place. Though, keep in mind, it is 5PM PST on a Friday. If you could please be patient, our support can only refer you to our forums. This is the best place to get help on Viveport. I'm going to loop in one of our engineering guys:

Is this operating as intended or is the region changeable after creation?

Thanks,

-John C

the region is not changable after setting and that is the issue. 

i live in japan, and america i am a dual citizen. and i need to have jp region when i am in japan. and us region when i am in us

Archived