HTC VIVE Pro Price? When? Thoughts?

I don't think a new computer will be needed unless you are really pushing the low end right now. My GTX 1070 supersampling is up above what the new one will have native so if you are within recommended specs you should be fine. I have heard people using a GTX 760 and GTX 680 on the current VIVE. Video card is the major thing to have upgraded. Processor with Intel you can get away with a few GigHz under the 4.0 mark. AMD CPUs I would be more worried about. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure they will have a bundle package available. And about price? Well, it is not the same HMD so selling it cheaper would not be practical for the company. It is an upgrade. This hardware is not some excessory for a computer. It is a serious and professional piece of hardware that is within consumer reach. I'll be happy to fork out extra money for a new better VIVE. Rift still does not appeal to me for many reasons and Pimax or whatever it is called is way off from being perfect to buy. And I don't think I have to say much about Microsoft's MR HMDs. Lol. ;-) The new one will be worth it and if you still are concerned go to a Microcenter or other computer store and try it out first to see if you like the resolution compared to the current VIVE. 

The article below (in posts) states you may buy just the HMD and use existing lighthouses and controllers. Me personally, I won't mind buying all new stuff. Mine is beat up quite a bit but still works. It shows you get what you pay for. Roomscale is brutal but a necessary thing to experience for true VR fun. HTC VIVE took a risk and made something more expensive but durable. I'm glad.

• 4 weeks later...

The price of the HTC Vive Pro HMD will be $399.99 USD and will be announced Febuary 21st.  This is the actual cost of the HMD upgrade only. The HMD will be available for current owners of the original Vive first, as per Daniel O'Brien's announcement during CES 2018.

4Q 2018 the official, complete package will be available for consumers @ $799.00 USD.

wrote:

Do you have any idea how much it will be in UK? Personaly I think that the price for it is quite high especialy when the competitors dropping the price.

Its still all Pure Speculation and as the price goes its going to be high for a number of reasons. 

Im guessing the production numbers for this will be low so making the price higher.

Its a new model and we all know new/latest/must haves are higher in price.

Please don't compare it to the competition as when they bring out their latest HMD Expect to  see prices  higher than their current models. 

Archived