The new Vive Pro & Current TPCast

Fbmowner

I am very excited to hear about the features on the new Vive Pro coming this year and I will without a doubt be purchasing it as soon as its released. I know I am in a sense barking up the wrong tree here but TPcast really hasnt helped me much with my question and I am sure a few other  are also curious, but I am using the TPcast wireless solution for my Vive which is without a doubt the easiest $300 I have ever spent for VR, its transfored my VR experience and I never want to go back to that cable, has the Vive Pro been tested with a TPcast unit that Vive has in house?? Couldnt hurt to ask right? Thanks for any info.

I got this response from TP cast:

Regarding your question, yes, the current TPCast wireless adapter is not compatible to the new Vive Pro. Some components on you Vive Pro will not compatible with current TPCast adapter, however, our developer working to make the current TPCast adapter be compatible with your new Vive Pro. 

We will email you once we have the latest update regarding this concern. 

Best Regards, 
TPCast support.

Another response from TPCast:

Yes, our developer still working to make the current TPCast Wireless adapter will be compatible with your new HTC Vive Plus. As of the moment, we are still waiting for the update to our developer regarding that. Expect it soon, keep on subscribing our website for you to get the email updates. 

So, they will make the current TP Cast compatible with the Vive Pro - which is great :)

• 2 months later...

I just got this from TpCast. 

"We do apologize for the latency of the reply, we got the update with our developer regarding the compatibility of the current TPCast device to Vive pro just today. The current TPCast device is not compatible with the Vive pro due to data and video transmission process is different. We have TPCast version 2.0 in which compatible with Vive pro. 

Thank you for your understanding. "

The Vive Pro uses a Propriatery cable between the link box and the headset and with propriatery plugs (I believe) thus the TP-cast using the old Vive connectors would not work. TP-Cast will have to make some kind of adapter cable with the proper plugs to fit the Vive Pro.

Regards: Jack

• 3 months later...

Why the long silence. Did TPCast and Vive find something impossible to do? It's July 10th and not even a "we are still working on it". GEEZ guys, come on. We can go to Mars know and You cannot make two items compatible????

Archived