The new Vive Pro & Current TPCast

Fbmowner

There is a Reddit rumor going around that the TPCast Plus has been delayed into Q4 but I would defer to TPCast's customer service on that one. 

It's worth noting that while TPCast is associated with ViveX, they are not an HTC Subsidiary and are responsible for their own product development and release timelines. You will not hear TPCast messaging directly from Vive as it's not our product. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'll give you a sadder story. I have put together an ITX beast machine - to be semi mobile. It's designed for both a VR development and a live performance. It cost me months of work and thousands of USD. I have recently returned a complete and fully functional Rift + TP Cast, thinking I was making an upgrade getting the new Vive Pro (with the Knuckles and inhouse wifi module I hoped). But since the initial disappointmement of not being able to even run the headset without all the accessories (unavailable separately atm), I also found out the wireless kit won't do, as my ITX motherboard simply doesn't have a second PCIe slot.

So TPCast is my only hope to ever even think of running the Vive Pro wirelessly on my rig.

That, or going back for Rift and saving another few thousand bucks. I still have two weeks to decide, but I've got to tell you, looking at the VIVE Pro sitting here like a paperweight, each new wasted day makes it less and less appealing.

Archived