Slow download speeds

MamoruK

I have the same problem, my internet speeds are fine. I can download games from Steam with no trouble. But Viveport is sloooooow. It took almost a day to download Invasion!

Yesterday I had a problem with it connecting at all when launching. It would error and ask me to check my internet connection. It was fine and fast. I tried again and got the same error. I waited an hour or so and tried again and it finally worked but I was unable to download anything.

I'm going to drop my subscription until it's fixed. No sence paying for a service that doesn't work.

• 9 months later...

Really slow speeds for my HTC Viveport desktop app setup right now.

It doesnt show the exact rate, but judging by the change in file size, i would say its going 100KB/s

Home connection has FAR MORE bandwidtch than this (2,000KBps)

Downloading from Australia

EDIT: this may have been due to a simultanious steam update downloading...

Hi, I'm also having these download speed problems. The day before I recieved my Vive in the mail, I had downloaded the VR titles I had purchased. Everything went normally, Except whenever I need to download workshop content, (or custom content in the case of VRchat) somehow my normal download speed of 5.6-6.1Mb/s went down to ~14Kb/s. I tried several ways to resolve my issue but have been unsuccessful.

- 

SteamVR workshop content is downloaded via the Steam client and is distributed by Valve's CDN. The people in this thread are specifically referencing download issues with Viveport and our networked services - we're certainly able to assist with those kinds of issues. For general Steam download issues including this specific case, you'll want to reach out to Steam's support system as Vive does not manage any of the systems you're encountering difficulties with. 

If anybody else reading this is experincing issues downloading either the Vive installer or content from the Viveport store, the fastest way to get help is by emailing customerservice@viveport.com to open a Viveport support ticket. 

• 3 months later...

I am having the exact same problem described above. At about 35% (and I observed this on more than one app) , the speed drops to like .08kbps. I have to download 200 apps for 20 student stations. At this rate it will take me a couple of months to install the content. I see this issue has been going on for a few years, Any solution or plan to fix it?

Edited by toddlich