Viveport Submission: Signed Release APK

acrossxr

Hi,

I'm working on a Viveport submission. I have a questions in regards to this instruction:

"To apply wrapper-based DRM to your title, please upload your APK first. Then, download it after the wrapper-based DRM has been successfully applied. Afterwards, sign with your release key and prepare a release-ready APK for submission."

I've built my apk using the Unity IDE and Wave SDK, did the wrapper-based DRM, and have redownloaded the apk. I usually sign with my release key in Unity for Android products, but this appears to be a different situation. I tried with Android Studio and got build errors.

Can someone guide me to signing the downloaded apk with my release key? Thanks! 

Hi, 

Please sign your apk by following steps. 

1. Make sure you install the JDK in your computer.
  2. Set a system path to the JDK path in "Environment Variables" dialog , like c:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1\bin;
  3. Create a folder name "SignAPK" and put the apk you want to sign in it. Then create a sub folder named "key" at the same folder.
  4. Use administrator permission to open the command line.
  5. cd key (enter the "key" sub folder by step 3)
  6. keytool -genkey -v -keystore ./my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
  7. Input 6 digitals password twice, and answer some questions you want, and you will see input <alias_name> key password, press Enter directly.
  8. On the "key" folder, get the "keystore" file to the "SignAPK" folder and let your apk and keystore are at the same folder.
  9. jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-release-key.keystore your_apk_name.apk alias_name

10.You will see "jar signed." and it is successful.

11.You could verify by the command "jarsigner -verify your_apk_name.apk" and make sure you see "jar verified" , it means successful.

Archived