Grip buttons not working after forced Vive desktop update.

x32

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Downloaded and ran USB Deview as per instructions. No change. Swapped USB ports again. No change. I went through the Steam Vr Tutorial again because it is the only program I know uses all the controller buttons. They all work in the tutorial but some still don't in some games. Is there something else that can be interfering only with certain games? Firewall? Windows Defender?

Tried turning the firewall off, no change. I didn't see a way to turn off defender just glancing through. If I uninstall and reinstall Vive Desktop will it loose any info or uninstall any games?

I uninstalled and downloaded before you answered. Using the Windows Programs and Features panel I uninstalled everything that said Vive on it. I then downloaded ViveSetup and reinstalled everything. Still no change.

So today I find that Pierhead Arcade is working again. That is, I can use the grip buttons to drop guns. However Ocean Rift and Dinosaur Park are still not working. I just completed uninstalling/reinstalling Ocean Rift but grip buttons still do not work.

So I went through the logs and I can't find anything related to the controller grip buttons. At least nothing that jumps out at me.

So are we down to just two games (Ocean Rift and Dinosaur Park) not working or is it still more besides that? Any idea what happened with Pierhead Arcade. Any game updates for that?

Thanks,

-John C

Archived