Logitech G Bridge Troubleshooting Guide

HackPerception

*Text provided by Logitech*

NEW: Windows's insider Builds (late January 2018) break BridgeSDK.

If you opted in for the WINDOWS insider builds, (some of) the latest updates that happened during the last week on January 2018 broke the BridgeSDK release. The team is currently working on a fix, but it's not ready yet. Please be aware of the issue and hang tight, we'll get back to you ! (ie try to opt-out for the insider builds, if you can). Note that this issue does not affect MS WINDOWS's official builds.

I'm getting a message about the Vive Camera needing to be enabled.

If you see this message, it is because the Bridge software was not able to acquire the Vive’s HMD camera feed, which can happen for a few reasons. Try the following solutions:

• The camera on your HTC Vive HMD may be disabled. Open SteamVR, and in the SteamVR desktop app menu, click on Settings > Camera > Enable Camera. Once the camera is enabled, we should be able to pick it up.
  • Sometimes, the HTC Vive camera is enabled but not available. If this happens, restarting Steam VR or disconnecting/reconnecting the Vive HMD camera usually works for us, but check on SteamVR Troubleshooting for other, more up-to-date solutions.
  • As a last resort, you can also close Bridge SW (System Tray > Right Click > Quit) and restart. This is what you will see if HMD camera is enabled but not available.

How can I associate my HTC Vive Tracker to track my keyboard?

First your Vive Tracker must be paired with your HTC Vive system, using the SteamVR interface (SteamVR beta Menu > Devices > Pair Controller). Next, in the Logitech G Bridge desktop application, go to the Pair Vive Tracker tab, and once your tracker appears on the list, click on Pair New + and shake the desired tracker for 5s (progress bar will fill as you shake the tracker).

My tracker is not appearing on the list.

If you don’t see your tracker on the list, make sure it is already paired with SteamVR (SteamVR beta Menu > Devices > Pair Controller). Next, check that it is switched on and the LED is lit GREEN (not blue). If these are the case, and your tracker is still not appearing on the list, please contact us at supportsdk@logitech.com.

I'm not seeing a keyboard in VR.

• Check that the Bridge SW LogitechG_Bridge.exe is running. It will be in the system tray, if minimized.
  • Check that the Keyboard Visibility Toggle (labelled Enable Keyboard) in the Desktop app, Settings tab is set to On.
  • If you still cannot see a keyboard, or are seeing an object that doesn’t look like a keyboard, please contact us at supportsdk@logitech.com.

My hands are not aligned with the virtual keyboard.

On your Bridge VR keyboard, in the place of the RIGHT-CTRL key, there’s a key labelled ALIGN, just to the left of the arrow keys. Holding this key down will bring you into Alignment mode, where the goal is to align your real keyboard, viewed through the camera-feed, with the blue outline of the keys. Holding ALIGN, you can then use the highlighted keys to change the rotation, scale, and position of the keyboard. For more information, check out the Alignment section on the Settings tab of the Bridge desktop app, or Align using the Bridge VR Setup configuration at any time.

My keyboard “swims” - what can I do?

When you move your head, the keyboard and hands may appear to swim or move in front of you in the virtual space. This is due to a delay between the acquisition of the pose of the keyboard from the tracker and the rendering of both layers (keyboard and hands) in our engine. We realise it can be somewhat disconcerting for some people, and we’re working on improving this for the next release.

I’ve completed the Setup, and I’m still not getting a clear image of my hands.

At this proof-of-concept stage, there are two big factors that we are aware of which can affect the clarity of image: the lighting conditions and the contrast between the keyboard and the hands. From our research, when used in ideal lighting conditions, there should always be a clear virtual hand image, but in non-ideal lighting conditions, a low contrast between keyboard color and hand skin tone can result in a poor experience. We are fully aware of this, and it’s the primary issue that we are working to solve today: experimenting with different lighting, differently colored keyboards (we’ve been experimenting with blue prototype G810s!), matt finishes and more. We have also included an ‘Alternative Segmentation mode’ on the Settings tab, which tries to accommodate a broader range of conditions, but it is an experimental mode right now. If you’re still having problems getting set up, please get in touch and let us know and we’ll see what we can do to help.

• 8 months later...

Archived